This page has moved to a new address.

(My) Plus Size Store in Toronto Now Open!: Your Big Sister's Closet

Curvy Canadian: (My) Plus Size Store in Toronto Now Open!: Your Big Sister's Closet

Saturday, December 29, 2012

(My) Plus Size Store in Toronto Now Open!: Your Big Sister's Closet

Hey Guys,

I know I've been super quiet lately, but it's because I've been working on my most amazing project yet! I opened my very own plus size clothing store in Toronto called Your Big Sister's Closet on December 24th. We've been working on this since about the beginning of October, and there were many delays (we were hoping to be open for the Christmas shopping season) but we're finally open now and so elated that everything has come together so wonderfully. People are always asking me how I came up with the name, and I picked it because I want the space to be really comfortable and relaxed, but with lots of really awesome stuff, just like browsing through a big sister's closet. I have two older sisters whose closets I always envied, but I could never borrow clothes from them because they're so much smaller than me. I wanted to make a store that other women can come to and feel comfortable, and find clothes that make them look and feel great - clothes they're excited about! Since we've opened our doors, we've had many straight-size women come through saying that they love what we're selling and it's too bad we don't carry their size. I think this means we're doing something right! If even women who can shop anywhere want to shop here, I've done my job! I want you all to be excited to put on clothes you get here. That's also how I came up with the tagline - "Plus Size Clothing for the Uncompromising Woman." I thought I'd share a few photos of my new Canadian plus size clothing store in Toronto so you can check us out. The web store is open now but will be undergoing a major make-over soon. If you're looking for plus size clothing in Toronto, I would be so happy if you came by to visit and shop =) We're at 3126 Dundas Street West in Toronto.


























So what do you all think of my labour of love?

Labels: , , , ,

27 Comments:

At Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:27:00 PM , Blogger Jessica Dee said...

It looks amazing! So happy and proud of both of you! Xo

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:54:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it....i may not be plus sized anymore, but i still need wide calf boots and it looks like you've got a few in store! Also the aesthetic of the store is gorgeous, and your accessories are gorgeous!

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:49:00 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Wow, the store (and styling) looks fantastic! You should highlight the address more - I almost missed it at the bottom there! Hope to be stopping by soon... :)

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:29:00 PM , Anonymous Kathleen said...

This looks completely amazing. Well done, Karen. I think you've put together something really wonderful. :)

CONGRATULATIONS and happy new year!

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:40:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks WONDERFUL! It's beautiful. I agree that you should highlight the address - I didn't see it until I read the comment mentioning that it was at the bottom of the post. I look forward to checking this out next time I'm in Toronto!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:12:00 AM , Blogger The Big Princess said...

wow!!!!! It looks amazing!!!1
Well done on you!
I wish you the very best of luck in the future!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:16:00 AM , Blogger Rikke said...

It looks amazing! Congratulations, I hope it will be a great success! Happy New Year, babe xoxo

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:04:00 AM , Blogger stephanie said...

It looks awesome Karen!! I want to know...what size are those two aqua/green peplum dresses? And what time are you open tomorrow? Just might have to make the trip for a new years dress!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:55:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hi Stephanie! We're open 11-7 today, and that green dress comes in 1X-3X. Hope to see you today!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:33:00 AM , Blogger geetabix said...

Amazing! But I just left Toronto last night :(

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:16:00 AM , Blogger Ginger said...

It's a great little shop! I actually did a review of it right after I left last night, here you go: http://wp.me/pHTWk-qt

It only occurred to me after I got home that I should have taken some photos! D'oh!

I can't wait to wear that dress out....

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:02:00 PM , Blogger Malene said...

It looks amazing! I would love to visit! It's just sooo far away :(

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woω, this аrticle is pleasаnt, my sister
iѕ analyzing theѕe kinds of thіngs, thus Ι аm going to inform her.


Feel free tο viѕit my homepagе ... pikavippii.net
Here is my blog - pikavippi

 
At Monday, December 31, 2012 1:53:00 AM , Anonymous Glenys said...

And you're in my old 'hood! Size 12+? Yes, I will be visiting next time I come back to Canada :-)

 
At Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:50:00 PM , Blogger KurvayshusB said...

First and foremost, congratulations on this venture! It is a feat in itself being a business owner and it is great see that you took a leap towards your dreams!

Secondly, this store looks wonderful! I hope that in the summer, when I take my planned trip to Toronto, I can pop in and shop some goodies!

All the best to go and good luck with everything!


www.KurvayshusB.com

 
At Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:17:00 PM , Anonymous neonmagpie said...

Hi there! The store looks lovely and
I hope to visit soon. I was wondering what kind of size range you carry and what your price points are like(is everything similar to your online store)?


 
At Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:16:00 PM , Blogger Goody said...

Congratulations!

How cool for you.

And your space is super gorgeous.

I hope to add a pin to Canada this year on my travel map and your spot will definitely be one that I have to hit.

 
At Friday, January 04, 2013 1:28:00 AM , Blogger Gitz said...

It looks really great! I doubt I'll fit anything but I'm going to drop by anyway. The accessories enticed me!

 
At Friday, January 04, 2013 11:38:00 PM , Blogger Mini Muse said...

This very inspirational to see... definitely going to file into my collection of fashion. Can't wait to see more!

http://www.socialbliss.com/minimuse/my-vision-closet-G43DMNJY/cassandra-plus-size-infinity-gown-by-igigi-GQ4TMNJSGU

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:25:00 AM , Blogger Nichole said...

Hugge congrats! I love what I'm seeing in these photos, wish Iived in Canada as I'd totally stop by.

 
At Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:28:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

the store looks amazing the design is beautiful and the clothes look amazing ,plus clever name for the store

 
At Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:36:00 PM , Anonymous Latest Fashion And Style said...

Wow! What a great collection of every thing. Great and super post.

 
At Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:59:00 PM , Blogger Marged Trumper said...

wow looks like a cool place...

 
At Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:42:00 PM , Blogger tanjila23 said...

Dhstyles.com NOW SAVE 40% off your ENTIRE order!
Exclusive Discount Code: WELCOMEU40
*Must enter during checkout to apply*
Sexy Dresses, Sexy Dress, Sexy Top, Sexy Tops
Sexy Dresses
Sexy Dress
Sexy Top
Sexy Tops

 
At Friday, February 15, 2013 5:19:00 PM , Blogger Aimée Lamour said...

I'm in love with all of the different colour satchels!

The store looks awesome - we need one in Vancouver ASAP!!

Aimee x

www.aimeelamour.net - Vancouver Plus size Blogger

 
At Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:23:00 PM , Blogger Rockys Plus size tea said...

I am so happy I discovered this blog as well as others .. I had no clue plus size fashion was so major. Your store is great I would love to visit

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:55:00 AM , Blogger Anna Hathway said...

Wow! beautiful and dazzling. I am surprised seeing your collections. Thanks Karen


canadian online stores

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home