This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD: A Lovely Day in Toronto, Featuring a Vintage Inspired Look...

Curvy Canadian: OOTD: A Lovely Day in Toronto, Featuring a Vintage Inspired Look...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

OOTD: A Lovely Day in Toronto, Featuring a Vintage Inspired Look...

Hey Everyone,

So now that I've finished my comprehensive coverage of Full Figured Fashion Week, I can go back to the traditional OOTD posts! I had a meeting with a professor I'm doing some research for in Toronto yesterday, and I decided I wanted to look cute for it so I wore this vintage inspired look. Like for my conference in May, I wanted to look professional and put-together, but still *me* and I think I pulled it off. My professor complimented me and everything!

Here's what I wore to my meeting:






































Dress - Forever 21+ (not available on the Canadian webstore yet, only on the US one)/Cardigan - Traded from Big, Fat Toronto Clothing Swap/Shoes - Re/Dress NYC (I think they were originally from Target)/Bracelet and Purse- Gifted/Necklace - Ardene/Sunglasses - ASOS
So after my meeting, I had some time before Peter got off work and was able to pick me up, so I wandered around the Queen West area in Toronto and did some browsing in some of the shops. I came across a few great stores that I'd love to share with you.

The first great store I came across was called Lady Mosquito. All of their fantastic accessories are handmade, imported from Peru and are amazing. So colourful that they are sure to brighten anyone's day. Here's their website. They ship internationally.

The second cool store I found was called House of Vintage. It's in the Parkdale area and they have a bunch of really awesome vintage finds, but this store is a little on the pricier side (just a word to the wise!). But they have some amazing Halston scarves in the display case. LOVE.

The third and my favourite of the group was a store which I've passed on many occasions, not realizing how exceptional it was. The display in the front window doesn't do much to represent what's on the inside, and maybe that's why it's always got such good stuff (they're a well-kept secret). It's a vintage store and even though I promised myself I was only window shopping, I left with two hats. Vintage hats are usually like $75 and up. I got 2 hats for $25! I couldn't just leave them there. So awesome. It's affordable vintage, finally! This store is owned by the same people as Black Market further east on Queen St., and it's called Public Butter.

So I think that's about it for this post... Today is the last day for my giveaway, so enter now!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:52:00 PM , Blogger DoubleXL said...

Cool shades!!!

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:53:00 PM , Blogger Full of Fabulous said...

Adore the glasses & JUST today I asked a friend who is heading across the border tomorrow to hunt that dress for me!! lol
Looking fabulous as always.

 
At Saturday, July 02, 2011 5:37:00 AM , Anonymous Blog to be Alive said...

That's a great vintage look! Red is definitely YOUR colour! And I adore the sunglasses!

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:54:00 PM , Anonymous Beyond Sizes said...

I love your shades and you are cute as always!

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2011 7:47:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks you guys! They are my favorite sunglasses ever, and I have way too many pairs, so that's saying something! You're all so sweet!

 
At Monday, July 04, 2011 1:31:00 PM , Blogger Yvette said...

Cute dress on you, I was eying that one too. I think it would be work appropriate with a blazer. Forever 21+ has better stuff than regular Forever 21, in my opinion. I'm sure you guys will get it eventually, but I know the wait is horrible. That's why you all have cross-border PO Boxes.

Love your blog,

Julia
http://fashionandhistrionics.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home