This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day - Weekend Casual, and getting crazy excited for Full Figured Fashion Week!!!

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day - Weekend Casual, and getting crazy excited for Full Figured Fashion Week!!!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Outfit of the Day - Weekend Casual, and getting crazy excited for Full Figured Fashion Week!!!

Hey Guys,

Here is one of my latest outfits, which I just wore for my typical weekend stuff, hanging out in the Junction area of Toronto, a bit of window shopping, a few errands, nothing too special, but overall a pretty fun and relaxed day. Sometimes I find that those are the best kind.

I am amping up for Full Figured Fashion Week, and I couldn't be more excited. I leave in less than two weeks! I have so much to do between now and then (including cleaning out my very messy closet so I'll be able to find everything I want to bring with me and have enough patience to actually plan some outfits). Some of Peter's new clothes arrived today, and they look pretty awesome. I am still waiting on his suit. I have to meet up with a couple of Toronto plus size fashion designers who've agreed to dress me for some of the events to pick up my outfits. I am really glad that I will be able to represent the Canadian plus size fashion scene at this event, not only as a blogger, but also as a living, breathing example of the exemplary work that is being done here. I'm not divulging any secrets about who's dressing me for what, but I've been dropping some hints so some of you have probably already figured out at least a couple of the designers I'll be wearing! Lincoln is providing Peter and I with their 2013 MKS for the drive down to NYC, so I'll be sure to keep you all in the know about that! Arriving in style, just the way I like! ;)

I have also been hoarding some of the new items I've been picking up so that my outfits in NYC will be all new (at least to you guys, lol). Some of my favourite looks so far are very geometric inspired. I am looking forward to FFFWeek because it allows me to be a little more bold and daring with my choices without having the entire suburban population look at me as if I have two heads. Context is everything, I suppose, and this context allows me to be a bit more wild! A few words that describe some of my outfits for FFFWeek are: geometric, sheer, architectural, indie, Canadian, hats and fascinators, gowns, AMAZING. You can expect to see me wearing at least 10 different outfits for the events at Full Figured Fashion Week (and it's only 4 days!). I know my days are going to be jam-packed with awesomeness, and I can't wait to meet lots of fabulous ladies there, as well as cover the launch of several new brands and celebrate the new collections of old favourites.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my weekend casual outfit...

Jacket and Sunglasses - c/o Penningtons/Camisole - Forever 21+/Cardigan - Swapped at Big, Fat Toronto/Jeans - New Look Inspire/Purse and Necklace - Your BIG Sister's Closet

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 28, 2012 7:42:00 PM , Blogger Aeryn Lynne said...

Let me know next time you're in the Junction! Would love to catch up with you over a coffee at Crema's. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home