This page has moved to a new address.

Start Spreading the News... I'm Leaving Today... FFFWeek Here I Come!!!

Curvy Canadian: Start Spreading the News... I'm Leaving Today... FFFWeek Here I Come!!!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Start Spreading the News... I'm Leaving Today... FFFWeek Here I Come!!!

Hey everyone,

Okay, so I'm not leaving today, more like tomorrow morning, but I know I won't have enough time tomorrow morning for a post, so here is my pre-Full Figured Fashion Week 2012/New York trip post! I am so excited I can barely sit in my chair to write this. I have all my outfits planned for each of the events, and I'm working with a few amazing designers whose work you'll see me wearing throughout the week. I am SO excited!!! Eeep! Peter's coming home now so we can go and pick up the Lincoln MKS that's being loaned to us for the trip. I am so excited to be travelling in style!!! Many thanks to Ford Canada, and Lincoln specifically, for loaning us the vehicle. I'm sure you'll all see loads of pictures once we've picked it up!

Some things that I am looking forward to in NYC:

Hitting up GreenFlea Market on Sunday

Washington Square Park, complete with a picnic of Magnolia Bakery's world famous cupcakes

A matinee (not sure which I want to see out of Wicked, Phantom, Evita, Chicago, or War Horse)

SHOPPING (of COURSE! Bloomingdales, Saks, Macy's, Nordstrom!!! I also want to check out the F21+ section since it's different than ours, and I'm planning to raid H&M's plus section, since we don't have one at all... I also want to drop by Ashley Stewart and the Lane Bryant with three floors in Brooklyn. If there's time, I also want to go to Fashion to Figure, across the river in NJ!)

FAO Schwartz, because I am really just a big kid. Gotta pick up souvenirs for the nieces!

Carnegie Deli, and I don't think this requires any explanation

And OF COURSE, all of the fabulousness that will be Full Figured Fashion Week 2012! I am really looking forward to real-life meeting all the bloggers who I've interacted with online, as well as meeting lot of new people, and being introduced to brands, old and new! Some definite highlights will be the All-White Sunset Cruise, the Indie Runway Showcase, and the Finale Runway Showcase and Awards Show. I am also looking forward to going and getting my fitting done and selecting my gowns for the runway shows with the NYC designer who'll be dressing me. And no, I'm not going to give it away! You'll all just have to wait! I'm SURE it will be worth it. Eeep!! So excited!!!

Can't wait to see you all in NYC! I wish all of you a safe and happy journey. And for those of you who aren't coming this year, we'll miss you!!! Make sure we see you there next year.

And here's my most recent Outfit of the Day, featuring shorts, yes, SHORTS! I know a lot of plus size women say no to shorts, but I really think that if you pick the right pair, they can look really awesome and fashionable.

White Linen Beach Cover - Joe Fresh/Camisole - F21+/Shorts - New Look Inspire Range/Bracelet, Handbag, and Sunglasses - c/o Penningtons/Shoes - Target

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, June 08, 2012 5:23:00 PM , Blogger Louise said...

I'd recommend Phantom of the Opera. I saw it on Broadway last summer and it was just as amazing as seeing it in London. There's a big Forever 21 in Times Square, and Magnolia Bakery cakes are amazing! Enjoy!

 
At Friday, June 08, 2012 10:28:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great in those shorts! I'm really looking forward to seeing your reports from Fashion Week!!

I saw War Horse in Toronto, and it is an amazing production (the horse puppets are incredible) but if you love horses like I do, it is heartbreaking. I cried and cried. And cried some more.

 
At Friday, June 08, 2012 10:52:00 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

My goodness! That is one full-packed itinerary. I suppose you'll sleep once you're home. :)

Have fun!!!

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:29:00 PM , Blogger Perogyo said...

This looks like a great trip! Have fun.

I have a question for when you are home. Is the cami a regular size Joe Fresh or have they started selling plus size? I am an expat Canadian and always get my mom to stock up on JF for my kids but even though I love their style nothing fit me the last time I was in Canada. Any chance they have expanded their range? Thanks!

 
At Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:50:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good information. Lucky me I ran across your
blog by accident (stumbleupon). I've saved as a favorite for later!
Review my homepage Huge adult dating models

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home