This page has moved to a new address.

Escaping the City in the 2013 Ford Escape

Curvy Canadian: Escaping the City in the 2013 Ford Escape

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Escaping the City in the 2013 Ford Escape

Hey Guys!

I am still trying to catch up on blog posts I missed out on over the last couple of months, so please bear with me! Back in November, I was lucky enough to get the test out the 2013 Ford Escape. The hubby and I decided to drive down to St. Jacob's for the day. It was so much fun!

Having had the opportunity to review a few different cars from Ford, I would definitely say that this one was the one we would both be most likely to purchase. It's just so practical and comfortable! The MSRP is very reasonable for what you get, and this model had Eco-Boost, so even though it's a crossover, it was just as fuel efficient as our current small sedan. It was so useful to have a vehicle that could fit so much, as we had a number of larger items to pick up for the store and this vehicle had no trouble accommodating that. The seats fold right down very easily, giving you ample cargo space in a matter of moments. The aesthetic is lovely, and it's very responsive. The seats are very comfortable and as always, the touch screen for climate control, navigation, and entertainment was excellent. We were really sad to return this one, and we're seriously considering an Escape for our next vehicle. You should go test drive one right now if you're in the market.













Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog, but i'm really not keen on the car advertising. I may be mistaken, but it doesn't seem to fit the direction of you otherwise informative and fun blog.

 
At Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:43:00 PM , Anonymous Jenny said...

Totally agree with the last comment, my jaw dropped when I saw this...I didn't come here to look at cars, I came here to see plus size fashion. I hope whatever they're paying you is worth losing readers over.

 
At Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:58:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thank you both so much for your feedback - I really appreciate it! Curvy Canadian is primarily a plus size fashion blog, but it's also a lifestyle blog. If you trust me to inform you about options that you dress in every day (and as a result, how you express yourself to the world) I also believe that you should trust me when it comes to other important lifestyle decisions such as what cars to drive. I've done posts with Ford before (admitedly these were more fashion-focused with the car being more of a mention instead of the feature) but I really believe in their products and I honestly wouldn't endorse them if I didn't. I don't get paid by Ford - they simply loan me the car to review. Even if I were to be paid by Ford, though - there are VERY few advertisements on this blog, and bloggers need to make a living just like everyone else. All other forms of media rely on advertising to finance their endeavours - why shouldn't blogs? If you see an Ad post - why not do what you do with TV ads or magazine ads - ignore them! I still think that automotive reviews are relevant. Fashions in auto design change just like in clothing design. I am reviewing the cars from my own unique perspective. Think about it - Who sponsors New York Fashion Week? Mercedes Benz. We should be happy that big brands like Ford are sitting up and taking notice of this industry. It can give us a louder voice. I would love to host a Ford-sponsored Plus Size Fashion Week someday very soon (and I want high-quality designers and production values - which would be impossible without a well-endowed title sponsor). I'd love to make Canada a plus size fashion capital of the world. Because of this, and because I really do believe in Ford's lineup, I will continue to endorse them, but I will also make sure to include more fashion in my Ford posts so that it's value-added content for the blog as well. Thank you so much for your feedback again, I really do take it to heart.

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:41:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ford escape is one of the best cars that can be specially designed for long drives for an ordinary family as it costs reasonable for the family. As it costs reasonable for the family.i have been using this car for the last two years, and it works perfect for these years.i would like to thanks Google for finding me this car and trend finance for providing me the auto loan.

 
At Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:08:00 AM , Anonymous lagatta à montréal said...

Dear Curvy Canadian,

I so love your red coat and you look beautiful in it.

But I hate cars. I know some people need to drive the murderous, polluting things that are destroying our beautiful planet, due to bad urban planning or their particular jobs, but there is nothing beautiful about them.

Yes, I know car companies sponsor fashion, art and many other interesting ventures. Not strange, given their huge products - and the increasing focus on the harm their products do.

You should be promoting cycle chic for all sizes, ages and styles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home