This page has moved to a new address.

Product Review: Butterfly Collection

Curvy Canadian: Product Review: Butterfly Collection

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Product Review: Butterfly Collection

Hey All!

Recently, I was contacted by the fabulous Claire of Butterfly Collection Lingerie to see if I would be willing to review her online store and one of her bras. Of course I said yes!

Butterfly Collection is an online shop based out of Vancouver, BC (you know I love Canadian businesses!). They ship free to anywhere in Canada and for a $12 flat rate to the US. Customers in other countries around the world can have their products shipped for $20.

It is Claire's mission to provide supportive and well-fitting bras to larger-busted women. When we were chatting over email she was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable and provided me with a wealth of information on bra fit. She even explained some of the terminology to me (did you know that the middle part of the bra that holds the cups together is called a gore? I didn't!). Apparently if your girls are heavy, then a small gore will make a bra very uncomfortable for you...

I was a bit sceptical about doing a fitting over the internet, without trying the bra on, but again, Claire was very helpful and guided me through the fitting process at home. I just sent her my measurements and she was able to fit me perfectly. Her website even offers a Bra School so you can equip yourself with knowledge before you make your purchase.

One of the main reasons Claire started Butterfly Collection was because of how uncomfortable it can be for full busted women to shop in traditional lingerie stores. It can be embarrassing or awkward to ask a sales associate for a size that you're not even sure the store carries. We've all been there! I won't even step foot in a Victoria's Secret because I feel like everyone is looking at me funny. Butterfly Collection offers the comfort of shopping at home combined with the knowledge of an industry professional (who makes you feel amazingly at ease) and a wide selection of merchandise for you to choose from (wired, unwired, sports bras, nursing bras, and even matching panties for some bras!). Butterfly Collection carries bras from a DD cup to a G cup, and you can special order up to a J cup.

Claire sent me the Grenier Xtreme Comfort Bra, and boy, does it live up to its name! It is SO comfortable. It is made of unbleached organic cotton and lycra. The straps are padded so that you don't get shoulder dents and so that the bra is more comfortable. See?


































There is also a clip in the back so that the bra can convert into a racer-back for sleeveless tops.

All in all, this is a great everyday wear bra (especially if it's going to be a long day!). I would also recommend this bra if you do a lot of travelling. It seems like it would hold up well under travelling conditions and it would be very comfortable for long treks schlepping your luggage around with you. I usually wear a sports bra while travelling, but this one is so comfortable that I would definitely wear it instead. This also means that you can look better when you travel. I normally just have on a t shirt or a hoodie, but since I wouldn't have to wear a terrible sports bra anymore, I could wear something that would make me feel like I'm travelling in style! 

Many thanks to Claire from Butterfly Collection who gifted this bra for me to review. Check out her website here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:13:00 PM , Blogger Butterfly Collection Lingerie said...

So happy that your new bra is comfortable! Thanks for the amazing review, I just love happy ladies in a good bras! xx

 
At Thursday, July 07, 2011 6:58:00 AM , Blogger Gem said...

I hate bra shopping, there is a great shop in the UK that women of all ages go to M&S, they do a great selction of bras and they come in my size but I still find the straps to thin and they dig in :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home