This page has moved to a new address.

Product Review - Eshakti!

Curvy Canadian: Product Review - Eshakti!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Product Review - Eshakti!

Hey Guys!

So I was recently contacted by eShakti to see if I would like to do a review of one of their products of my choosing. Since I had a couple of eShakti dresses on my wishlist already, I excitedly agreed! If you are not yet familiar with eShakti, you are in for a real treat. They offer sizes 0-26W (so for any of you who are not plus size out there and reading this, yes, you can buy from them too!), and you can also simply send them your measurements so that they can custom size ANY PIECE from their collection for you. They do this for a $7.50 charge normally, but for your first custom sizing order, they waive the fee. The prices are reasonable and the selection is wonderful. You can also customize the length (if you are particularly tall or short - or particularly conservative or racy), or the neckline to your preference. For instance, if you see a dress that has a sweetheart neckline, but would prefer a v-neck, no problem - just ask. Sleeves are the same. You can choose whether you like sleeveless, cap sleeves, spaghetti straps, 3/4 length - whatever! The ability to customize gives you an amazing amount of choice in terms of how your finished product turns out. This is a very unique and rare concept boutique that is giving its customers the ability to find a piece that suits and fits them perfectly. I highly recommend them. Apparently, Shakti means power in Sanskrit. eShakti therefore means the power of the Net. Eshakti's philosophy is that the internet empowers customers and helps companies be customer-centered - and by allowing you to specify exactly what you want, they are empowering plus size (and straight size) consumers to get just what it is they're looking for.

You might remember this dress from my A/W 2011 wishlist... I absolutely adore it! I wore it to my sister-in-law's birthday part at West 50 in Mississauga. I felt like a million bucks all night. And this dress is on sale for only $29.95 right now! That's a steal.

Dress - c/o eShakti/Tights - c/o Secret/Shoes - Rainbow/Jewellery - Forever 21/Belt - Redress NYC

I totally love this dress and can't wait to wear it again! I might even pop a cropped blazer on over it and wear it to work. It's so chic, and the peplum waist-line is really in right now. There are a bunch of other dresses I want from eShakti too now! It was really great to just send my measurements in and not worry about receiving something that may or may not fit. I know a lot of people I talk to (especially straight size women) are wary of shopping online because they're not sure if they'll like the fit of the garment once it arrives (plus size women are decidely less picky about this, because if limited to brick and mortar stores, we'd have SO little to wear!). With eShakti you don't have to worry about fit at all, because it's made for you. I would definitely say that if you are concerned about internet shopping and fit, eShakti is a good store to start with - this way, your anxieties about proper fit don't have to be a consideration for your first purchase. I am so pleased with my dress and its fit. Usually I find that dresses that are fitted throughout tend to be really tight around my hips (my widest part), causing the dress to bunch and bind all night, meaning I'm always fidgeting with it. With this dress, I was not concerned about it riding up or bunching at all, and it was totally comfortable for the whole evening. I think it was Coco Chanel who said that "there is no luxury without comfort," and this dress definitely delivers in both of those categories. Needless to say, but I highly recommend eShakti. Check 'em out.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, January 06, 2012 4:39:00 PM , Anonymous Moe said...

Sooo cute!

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 5:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look simply gorgeous! I love the cut of that dress, and your hairstyle goes perfectly with the whole look. This is one of my fave outfits of yours!

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 7:38:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Hey there fellow curvy torontonian!I love the cut of the dress, you look stunning!
:)
Kimberly @ Turningthepagesx.blogspot.com

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 9:05:00 PM , Blogger Dee said...

you look fab! Great shop too!

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:28:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love, love, looove this dress on you!

 
At Sunday, January 08, 2012 1:56:00 PM , Blogger Divs & Pies said...

That dress is gorg. I like the hair as well. Work It Girl!

 
At Monday, January 09, 2012 9:40:00 AM , Blogger FabEllis said...

Wow! I love this! Very cute.

http://www.fabellis.com

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 6:54:00 AM , Blogger Catherine Ryan said...

Love the top!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 8:20:00 AM , Blogger The Big Princess said...

Beautiful! Love your Outfit Very Cute!

 
At Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:47:00 PM , Blogger Squishy Trishy said...

I wish I would've had a similar experience because you and the dress look amazing! I'm still waiting on my return to be processed so I can give eShakti another try!

Trisha @ yourfatabulousfriend.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a very poor experience with eShakti, and would like to warn others to avoid them. Long wait, unexpected and hefty courier fees to Canada, and then only 1/2 my order came. Beware.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home