This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day: Suede, Leather, and Silk

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day: Suede, Leather, and Silk

Monday, January 2, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Suede, Leather, and Silk

Hey Guys,

It's been a long time since my last post - sorry! The holidays have been so hectic (but GREAT) and my 5 year old laptop finally decided to give up the ghost, and would no longer hold or accept a charge, so I've been without a computer for a while (gah!). I've got it all figured out now, as I picked up a new one for a great bargain on Boxing Day. I couldn't really afford it, but I had no choice since I need a computer for school... At least the timing (near Boxing Day) was fortuitous. So blogging will be a bit easier for me now as well, which is great. It used to take me a couple of hours or more to do a post, but I am breezing through photo-editing and text composition on this new machine, so I'm pretty happy. =D

Now besides my technical troubles, I had a really lovely holiday and I will have many outfits to show you in the coming week (look out for dresses from Lucie Lu and Eshakti that I wore to recent functions soon). Before Christmas, I saw the most lux leather skirt on Fran from Frantic Dreams, and I just had to have one. I immediately put it on my Christmas wish list, and Santa was very good and put it under my tree!
I chose a different style and colour than Fran, and I truly adore both her skirt and mine. Being plus size, it's sometimes really hard to find anything other than "leatherette" (which is just a fancy word for pleather, people! Retailers be warned - you're not fooling anyone!). Leatherette is fine most of the time, I suppose, and more animal-friendly, but sometimes I would like the option of being able to buy real leather if I want it, just like my more-slender counter-parts, and not be charged a premium price simply because I am being offered the privilege of a non-synthetic in a plus size item. It's the same with polyester. You all know what I'm talking about!

The company that my skirt comes from is called Leather Cult, and they do custom leather work. You send them your measurements, and they make the item to your specifications. They have jackets, skirts, pants, shorts, etc. I have a 13" difference between my waist and my hips, so this is amazing for me. It sounds expensive though, right? Nope. Even with the customizations, and all the leather used to make my skirt, it cost less than $100! I am really in love with this skirt, if you can't already tell. There are a few other items on the website that I am coveting. Including, but not limited to, leather skinny pants. *drool*

So without further ado, here are my outfit of the day pictures. I can't wait to play around with this skirt some more and put it in a few more different outfits!
Red Suede Jacket, Purse, Scarf - Thrifted/Camisole - Forever 21+/Necklace - Laura/Boots - Dots/Skirt - Leather Cult

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 02, 2012 6:53:00 PM , Blogger ArtfulArtsyAmy said...

I love the combination you used of brown, purple, and red! And, gah, I'm drooling over the skirt. . . Maybe I'll put it on my birthday wishlist!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 11:49:00 AM , Blogger Justine said...

Beautiful skirt! I am in love!

- Justine
luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:24:00 PM , Blogger franceta johnson said...

The brown is so cute, may have to order a second one! You look adorable as per usual. Thanks for the shout out Karen :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home