This page has moved to a new address.

An Evening Spent Gussied Up at Gussied Up!

Curvy Canadian: An Evening Spent Gussied Up at Gussied Up!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Evening Spent Gussied Up at Gussied Up!

Hey Everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to attend a mix-and-mingle event at Gussied Up (a fantastic plus size boutique here in Toronto that I have written about on here before). Whitney Thompson, winner of America's Next Top Model Cycle 10 (the only plus-size winner to date), was there to promote a new clothing line with which she is affiliated called Allistyle. So I got to meet her, as well as reconnect with a few familiar faces from the Toronto plus size fashion community, which was great! Here are a few pictures from the evening.
Liis from On The Curve Events, Karyn from KillerKurves.ca, and Mari Grace from Mari Grace Accessories, chatting
Me and Whitney Thompson, winner of ANTM Cycle 10
 
A couple of close ups of my outfit... Dress (which I ADORE) - Courtesy of Damn You Alexis/Tights - Courtesy of Secret/Shoes - Rainbow/Purse - Aldo/Necklace - Ardene/Feather Fascinator - Urban Outfitters
A beautiful bracelet given to me at the event by Mari Grace, from Mari Grace Accessories
Left to Right: Myself, Courtney, Sarah, Liis, and Karyn
All in all, it was a great evening spent with old friends and new, and a wonderful continuation of the affirmation that the Toronto (and Canadian) plus size fashion scene is heating up fast! Thanks for a lovely night, ladies!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:43:00 PM , Blogger Alana said...

Looks like a great event! Gussied Up is just around the corner from my parents' house and I walked past there a couple weeks ago and wished I could go that evening! I'll have to check out the store next time I'm home.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2011 2:04:00 PM , Blogger Thick Threads said...

what an awesome event, looks so fun and your dress is super sexy! love it :)

xo
A_Riot

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:57:00 PM , Anonymous Belle said...

You look fantastic in that dress!

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:54:00 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

When will I find events like this in LA? I think I need to plan them... life calling!!! looks so great, love the dress as well!!

xx-

www.samplesize16.com

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I don't watch Fashion shows. But please don't tell me that that woman beside you is a "plus size" model!

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:41:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Well, she was a bit more "plus size" when she won ANTM. She's lost a bit of weight since then. But I know a few companies that would hire her as a plus size model for a campaign. :S

 
At Friday, December 16, 2011 9:51:00 AM , Anonymous anieb said...

This is one of the best posts that I’ve ever seen; you may include some more ideas in the same theme about Out Size Fashion Clothing. I’m still waiting for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post.

 
At Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marigrace is an inspiration. She was able to make jewelry with her shaky hands... the result of her bipolar meds. Unbelievable. Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home