This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day - Rust, Teal, and (Faux) Fur! New Hairdo!

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day - Rust, Teal, and (Faux) Fur! New Hairdo!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Outfit of the Day - Rust, Teal, and (Faux) Fur! New Hairdo!

Hey Guys!

I have some outfits left in my "archives," but I am just so excited about today's outfit that I couldn't help but post it before my earlier outfits! I got my hair done about a week ago, and I took a big risk and decided I wanted to do something a bit fun and funky with colour. It's just my bangs, so I figure I can dye them back to black later if I fall out of love with this look. But I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. I love it!

I am loving the 70s luxe trend that's happening right now, and I am wearing the style as much as I can before it goes out of style. Feathers, fur (faux for me),sequins, leather, flowy dresses, rich colours, and just general opulence... How can I not love this?!

Check it out!


































Your first look at my new do! What do you think? It fades from green into blue at the top, but you can really see it all that well in this shot. Maybe I'll ask Peter to take some shots of just my hair and I'll post them on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. I was inspired by peacock feathers. Peacocks are very proud animals, and I want to reflect that a bit, and just show the world that I am proud of the way I look and that I refuse to be body shamed. I also just think it makes me look like I'm cool and awesome and trendy and adventurous... All elements of my personality that I want my look to reflect. So I'm pretty happy with it if you can't tell. =D

Dress, Hat, Earrings, and Necklace - Thrifted/Coat - ATTITUDE Jay Manuel for Sears Canada/Belt - Forever 21+/Boots - Courtesy of Torrid/Tights - Addition Elle/Purse - CBX
































So what do you all think of everything? I am especially curious to see if you guys like my new hair as much as I do, lol!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, November 07, 2011 3:31:00 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

the coat with the fur is to die.

xx-

www.samplesize16.com

 
At Monday, November 07, 2011 5:39:00 PM , Blogger ZAG said...

so so so so so so so so GOOD!!! OMG, the 70s is screaming off of you. I love it, you look divine!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:28:00 PM , Anonymous Moe said...

That thrifted coat is awesome.

 
At Friday, November 11, 2011 5:24:00 PM , Blogger maria said...

nice outfit :) I'm in love with the necklace, so pretty !

I've just started my blog... check it out if you want ... http://mariafashion93.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, November 14, 2011 10:08:00 PM , Anonymous Aimee said...

those tights are deliciously BLUE! I should get some

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home