This page has moved to a new address.

New Pop-Up Shop in Toronto - Inside Out

Curvy Canadian: New Pop-Up Shop in Toronto - Inside Out

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Pop-Up Shop in Toronto - Inside Out

Hey Guys!

So I was wandering down Queen Street West on the weekend as I am wont to do (I love El Almacan's Yerba Mate), and I found this AMAZING new store. It's a pop-up shop devoted to vintage, filled with the most amazing hats and fascinators, coats (including both faux and real fur, as well as some wool and leather), jewellery, and purses. I was so excited when I found the store and spent like an hour and a half there trying on all the amazing retro hats and coats (yes, some of them actually fit me!).

Eva, the store's owner, pops up in different North American cities for a couple of months at a time to offer customers the opportunity to purchase a small piece of fashion history. Most of her hats come from Montreal, and have been sourced from the vintage collections of film's costume houses. Her range of items is very impressive, and she is so sweet and helpful. All of the items are so unique, and anything that you pick up is certain to be both a bold statement piece in your wardrobe, and something that you will cherish for a long time. Her store was even featured in the Huffington Post recently. Check out some of the pictures that I took of her store. It's so lovely!



































She has such an incredible collection, and I'm so glad I found her store. I wish it was a permanent situation, but Eva, and all of her fantastic vintage stuff, are headed back to Montreal at the end of November. :(

You should drop by and visit if you get a chance. She is located at 1040 Queen Street West in Toronto. You can fan her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter as well. She also has a website for the store here. Happy Shopping!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:41:00 PM , Anonymous Nicole said...

Oh great find! I think I'll try and see what they have this weekend.

 
At Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:49:00 AM , Anonymous JeninCanada said...

Ooh, nice hats. I wish we had a hat shop like that out here! I'm in Nanaimo, formerly of Sault Ste. Marie. I found your blog through that hateful person who was attacking you on twitter for being into fat acceptance. Doty-Something, the born again Christian. Anywho, glad I found you! You may enjoy my blog as well.

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:52:00 AM , Anonymous Ginger said...

Was there anything plus size other than hats and accessories? I am dying for some new places to shop!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:57:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

They have some coats and jackets that would definitely work for some plus sizes... Other than that, not really... You're based in Toronto? Send me an email and I'll give you a list of a few places worth checking out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home