This page has moved to a new address.

(I Love) We Love Colors

Curvy Canadian: (I Love) We Love Colors

Monday, December 5, 2011

(I Love) We Love Colors

Hey Guys,

I was recently invited to try out a few pairs of tights from We Love Colors, and I jumped at the chance since I've been wanting to order a pair for a while now. I remember going shopping for hosiery about a year ago and being SO frustrated. I wanted some awesome colourful tights, and I couldn't find ANY. I went to The Bay (sort of like Macy's for you US readers), and checked out their hosiery section (which is actually pretty huge). I expected I would find lots of options since they seem to have so many, but I was really, really, terribly disappointed. They carry Hue brand tights, which I was excited about because they come in lots of colors. I started looking through the rack for my size, but guess what? Nothing in my size. I asked an associate where the plus size hosiery was, and she directed me back to the Hue section. I told her I hadn't found anything there, and she showed me my size. In black and brown only. URGH! Big women want to wear color too!!! HELLO? Plus size women want more options than black and brown. There wasn't even any gray. :S

I left and went to a Legs Beautiful in the same mall. Same problem. Hue brand tights had plus sizes, but only in black and brown. The lady there showed me some other options in different brands, some with cool patterns and even a pair of plus size fishnets, but I wanted color. I left disappointed.

When I got home, I googled, and found this amazing website called We Love Colors that carries an extensive range of plus size hosiery. They have plus size tights in 51 different colors! It's like Baskin-Robbins, but for your legs! They also have 51 shades of fishnet pantyhose, striped pantyhose (either black or white stripes) and some really funky patterns.

Needless to say I was really stoked to hear they wanted to send me some to review. I chose three colors: Rust, Spruce Green, and Olive Green (I have no idea why I am so obsessed with green all of a sudden).

The rust colored pair are a little bit too orange for my taste, as I had expected them to be a bit more reddish brown with a hint of orange. When I put my untanned legs in them, they look downright pumpkin-colored! Not for the faint of heart. People WILL look at your legs all day - not that that's a bad thing ;).I love the other two colors, though, and the tights seem really durable (and I've heard from others that they last a looong time. Here is me wearing my pair of Olive Green tights from We Love Colors:

Tights - Courtesy of We Love Colors/Top - Courtesy of Kmart LYS/Skirt - Giant Tiger/Shoes - Lane Bryant/Cape - ASOS Curve/Purse -CBX
































You should definitely check out both their Facebook and Twitter pages, because they often run contests where you can win some tights for yourself. This Facebook Fan Page is devoted solely to their curvy customers, and there are some awesome ladies on there! They are very helpful if you have any questions about sizing as well. So check 'em out. These tights definitely add a great (and necessary!) pop of color to any wardrobe while helping keep you warm during the winter months! Happy shopping!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Monday, December 05, 2011 12:41:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have the rust pair too and it just looks bright orange on my legs! I was really disappointed! I really want to try out that green colour now. We Love Colours tights are my absolute favourite!

bisous,
http://gartersandstockings.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, December 05, 2011 2:39:00 PM , Blogger geetabix said...

I have a couple of pairs of these. They do seem durable and I love the colours but they're just a touch too shiny for me. Definitely lead to people staring at your legs!

 
At Monday, December 05, 2011 3:42:00 PM , Blogger Sabrina said...

right there with you sister!! LOVE colored tights!! imagine being plus size and 6'2.. so hard to find good ones.

going to check out their site. thanks!

xx-

www.samplesize16.com

 
At Monday, December 05, 2011 5:00:00 PM , Anonymous miss.nicola said...

I just broke down and ordered some We Love Colours tights because I've been looking for YEARS for plus-size coloured tights. And I hear you about the Bay - I walked out in anger a couple of months ago because I can't get over how no one will carry coloured tights in plus sizes. But I'm not happy with my We Love Colours tights... I wish I was, but I'm not. I ordered a tie-dyed pair and a red pair that are way more raspberry pink than red, and I find both of them about 6" too long in the leg and am constantly hiking them up. And I'm 5'9"! Pretty sad about this cuz dammit, I want coloured legs too!

 
At Monday, December 05, 2011 5:02:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've only tried a red pair, I got a lot of christmas elves jokes but they were the best fit ever!
I love your blue bangs btw, so cute!

 
At Monday, December 05, 2011 8:25:00 PM , Blogger Justine said...

The olive green look awesome! I've been wanting to order a pair or two. You give such a good review, maybe I need to go do it now!!

luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

 
At Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:02:00 PM , Blogger angelwynxx said...

Never tried to wear green tights from the entire of my life... but this time, I will! I see to it that it is also sexier than the brown color I usually wear. Love your coat too!

Angelwynxx -->>
http://www.lnlclothing.com/

 
At Wednesday, January 02, 2013 1:36:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghd gently sighed michael kors.
Zhang Xin also sat on the ground styler ghd.
the reigning Strange said: Huh ugg boots sale uk.
michael kors purses want to make the pirates of what the hell god nowhere to hid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home