This page has moved to a new address.

Pre-Full Figured Fashion Week Fun in NYC, Part 2

Curvy Canadian: Pre-Full Figured Fashion Week Fun in NYC, Part 2

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pre-Full Figured Fashion Week Fun in NYC, Part 2

Hey Guys!

What a whirlwind week it's been! I am back home safe and sound in TO after a very eventful week in NYC. I wanted to post about all the events as they happened, but I was just way too busy while I was there, and more often than not, I would end up nodding off in front of the computer with little more than a sentence or two, so I decided I would just wait until I got back and give you all my coverage from Full Figured Fashion Week.

On Monday morning, I had a meeting with Jovani (who've dressed a slew of celebrities from Paris Hilton, to Taylor Swift, Kim Kardashian, Amber Riley, Miranda Lambert, Adriana Lima, Carrie Underwood, Keri Hilson, Natalie Cole, and Selena Gomez, amongst others). I was totally excited for them to dress me as well! They had an absolutely stunning array of gowns to choose from, and the hardest part was picking my favourite!



Dress - ASOS Curve/Belt - Redress NYC/Necklace - Laura/Earrings - Vintage Alfred Sung/Purse - c/o Penningtons/Shoes - Wal-mart's G21 line












The last two pictures are the dresses I chose, the first one for the Indie Designer's Showcase on Friday, and the second for the Runway Finale and Awards Show. All the dresses were in sample size 4, so sadly, I wasn't able to try them on before committing to them, but since they both looked so lovely, it wasn't a problem. Jovani ordered both for me in an 18, but the first one didn't fit (which was devastating since I fell in love with it at first sight) and so I had to find an alternative for the Indie Showcase (which I also ended up loving). The trip to Jovani was definitely a highlight of my trip, and I recommend that anyone looking for formalwear, whether it be for prom, your wedding, a gala, or if you're the mother-of-the-bride, check out Jovani. They have stunning gowns that are available in sizes 0-24, and can be custom-made up to size 32.

After the Jovani fitting, we spent the day with Peter's family in the Bronx, and they made us steak and lobster (yum!). We spent the night grabbing a few drinks with my cousin Steven at the bar he works at, PianosHe told us he got the male lead in a new movie coming out called Wallabout. We were so excited to hear about it, and I can't wait to go see it. I hope it comes to TIFF!



The next day we woke up a bit late, but went into the city in time for lunch at CARNEGIE DELI! The portions were absolutely massive, and we couldn't finish (not even Peter!)









After a ridiculously enormous lunch, even though it was totally rainy all day and I wasn't dressed for the yucky weather, we decided to head over to FAO Schwarz on 5th and 59th to explore and act like the big kids that we are:



"Come out with your hands up!"

Dress - c/o Cherry Velvet Plus/Purse - c/o Penningtons/Shoes - Walmart's G21 line


This drawing board uses no actual colours (chalk, markers, etc), but only pressure... Really cool. This guy was a total pro at it and was giving demonstrations. There might be a couple of these in the suitcase for the nieces when I visit in August...


Toy Soldier! This guy actually scared me after we took the picture and popped out from behind a sign and yelled "BOO!" LOL. I love to play!!! I am a really big kid on the inside, if you can't tell!
After FAO Schwarz, we headed over to Bergdorf Goodman next door, where I ogled a lot of amazingly beautiful stuff of which I had neither the intention or the financial capacity to purchase. Then we stopped into Tiffany's, where I saw a lot of stuff I also couldn't buy. I like to call it "fantasy shopping." We stopped into the Trump Tower to get a cup of coffee at the Starbucks there and warm up after being out in the rain for a while. 

We were scheduled to have a blogger meet-up at a hotel in mid-town at about 7, so we headed down there to check in with the other Full Figured Fashion Front bloggers. We ended up heading down to H&M on 7th and 34th for a bit of shopping afterwards. I am so bummed we don't have H&M+ here in Canada. I found several pieces I absolutely adored and bought a few. I got some polka dot shorts, a white linen button down with a charcoal floral print on it, a bikini (!), and a black and white tunic which I ended up wearing later in the week. It was good to catch up with old friends (Sarah from Queen Sized Flava) and finally get to meet bloggers I know from the community (Jess from TOO Many Sequins) in real life! I had a blast shopping with you ladies! I wish we could do it all the time. 





Stay tuned! Tomorrow I'll be recapping the private press reception and the All-White Sunset Cruise!

Oh, and while we were in NYC, the Fashion Front was introduced to a new wishlist software for fashion items called "Have to Have" - you can vote on which items you have to have below, and create your own account to share your wishes with your friends and followers. Check it out:


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home