This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD (Outfit of the Day) - Or What I'm Wearing...

Curvy Canadian: OOTD (Outfit of the Day) - Or What I'm Wearing...

Friday, March 11, 2011

OOTD (Outfit of the Day) - Or What I'm Wearing...

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've done a What I'm Wearing post, so I thought I'd do one today since I wore something I like yesterday while I was teaching my class on public speaking. Initially, when I was deciding what I wanted to wear, I was inspired by some scenes from the tv show Mad Men where Betty Draper (January Jones) is horseback riding. I really love the preppy-looking equestrain style she wears. I think the outfit ended up being something totally different, but that's okay. I still ending liking the finished product! Here are some (sorry for the low quality) pictures of January Jones horseback riding outfits from Mad Men:


And here's what I ended up wearing - my students actually complimented me on my bow and brooch, which totally made my day! At first, I had khakis on with the outfit, but I didn't really like the way it looked so I changed into jeans...
 



The blazer is from The Bay Above Average section (my boyfriend gave it to me as a Christmas present like three years ago). The Bay on Yonge and Queen has the largest selection of plus size stuff. The top with included bow was from J.C. Penney (I got it on a cross-border trip last year). The jeans were from Forever 21 + and cost around $21. The shoes were from Torrid and purchased a long while ago as well, I'm afraid. All of the jewellery is from F21, except the brooch, which I got at a Vintage jewellery sale in York, UK when I was there last summer. It only cost 3 pounds and according to the seller comes from the 1940s. I wish we had sales like that here! Anyways, even though the outfit didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it to, I hope you all still like it! What do you think?


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 14, 2011 7:55:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks!!! I'll have to drop by and check out your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home