This page has moved to a new address.

A Day of Luxury at Canadian Plus Size Store Lola and Gigi

Curvy Canadian: A Day of Luxury at Canadian Plus Size Store Lola and Gigi

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Day of Luxury at Canadian Plus Size Store Lola and Gigi

I apologize for the horrendousness of all the post titles lately. A friend of mine who knows a lot about search engine optimization told me that you need to put search terms in post titles to work your way up the ranks, so that's what I'm up to, if you're wondering. Make sure to tell your friends about this site, and follow us on FB, Twitter, Tumblr, IFB, by email, RSS Feed, and/or by Google Friend Connect (by clicking follow). Pick your poison! All of the links can be found on the right... I love staying in touch with all of you. Also please remember to post comments. I love hearing what all of you have to say! I thrive from feedback. You can leave me a comment by clicking on the comments link underneath each post.

So now for the good stuff! I was invited to visit the showroom of the plus size Canadian retailer Lola and Gigi by its owner and founder, Laura Carravaggio. I was thrilled to get a chance to take a tour and talk with Laura about her selections for the store and all the beautiful spring fashions she's carrying.

When I visited the store last Saturday, Laura greeted me with such wonderful friendliness and an effervessent enthusiasm for her products that was highly contagious. She was very accomodating to both me and the bf (who came along to help take photos) and even offered us beverages. She showed me around the immaculate showroom and demonstrated excellent awareness of both her product and the women she was styling, considering both what would look good on them, and what they were comfortable in. Laura is very well able to read people and their style, allowing her to make great recommendations for all of the women who come into her store. Not only will Laura make great recommendations - but she'll also make you feel great by complimenting you when she thinks something looks nice and will find the best outfit that will make you look and feel wonderful. Laura has her fingers on the pulse of all the latest major trends, and carries fantastic designers whose clothes are designed with the curvy woman in mind. A sampling of the designers she carries include Tadashi Shoji, Anna Scholz, Monif C., Adrianna Papell, David Meister, Donna Ricco, IGIGI, and Melissa Masse, to name just a few. I was able to try on a few of these designer's fabulous items while I was there, which you'll see in the pictures below. The changerooms were beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Laura even keeps quite an impressive shoe collection in a range of sizes so that her clients can try on different shoes with the clothes so they'll get a better sense of what their outfit will look like as a whole. All in all, she offers a great range of plus size clothing options for the Canadian woman, as well as a fantastic shopping experience. Thanks for hosting me, Laura!

You can contact Lola and Gigi by calling 1-888-674-1077 or visiting their website.



Laura Carravaggio, owner and Founder of Lola and Gigi, and I

I love this gorgeous Anna Scholz dress! It fits so beautifully and I would get so much wear out of it.  

Same Anna Scholz dress but you can see the cut out better in this shot. I love that feature!


I love this stunning Tadashi Shoji dress. It fits like a dream! I felt awesome in it! Such gorgeous beads at the shoulders and ruching down the back, which you can see in the picture below.


I love this jacket. It's so comfortable and chic. While I was tryiing this on, other women in the changing room were admiring it and asked to try it on too.

I took the jacket off so you can see the fab jeans I tried on which were underneath. So comfortable and they really fit well too!

This is the Monif C. Marilyn Convertible dress. You can tie it like a ba-zillion different ways, all of them gorgeous, and you'd never know it was the same dress! So versatile!


I love sequins!





I hope you've all like this post and that you go and visit Laura at Lola and Gigi soon!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, April 03, 2011 10:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those jeans and that convertable white dress! Very classy and versatile! I wish we had a nice plus sized boutique here! Phoenix is the land of the skinny.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 12:01:00 AM , Anonymous Steph said...

Great clothes! LOVE that b&w jacket!!
Looks like an excellent store :)

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 3:54:00 AM , Blogger Jessica Dee said...

I love the blue dress with the ruching! Looked amazing on you!

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:43:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks guys! I had such an awesome time trying everything on!

@Kady - You should be able to order the white dress online from Monif C.'s website. It's around $250, but totally worth it because you can wear it in so many different ways!

@Steph - thanks! I didn't want to take it off! So lux!

@tooMANYsequins - thanks! Yeah, that was the Tadashi Shoji one. Really great detail and I love the colour.

Everyone has different favs! My sister liked the black Anna Scholz dress the best. I think if I bought that, I would just wear it everywhere. It's just such a stunning LBD, and you could totally dress it down for work, and up for play! Love that. It seems like I'm convincing myself to buy it, lol! But I musn't!!!

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:35:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of them, but especially the Tadashi Shoji dress. You look amazing!

-Agnes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home