This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD: Catching up with friends

Curvy Canadian: OOTD: Catching up with friends

Saturday, July 23, 2011

OOTD: Catching up with friends

Hey Everyone,

So last night I met up with a couple of my friends from my MA year in Toronto. I hadn't seen them in ages and ages and a catch-up session was definitely in order. I finally got to see my friend's place (she's been living there since April, I think), and things have just been so busy with school lately that I hadn't gotten a chance. We sat at her place and had a few glasses of cheap jug o'white wine and played scrabble. Pretty awesome! They're doing pretty well and it was really nice to hang out. I made some great friends during my MA year and I am really sad that we don't stay in touch more. I know that life can get in the way sometimes (my exams + whatever everyone else is up to + we're all spread out in different cities now) but I really feel like it's important to make an effort to stay in touch with friends. I always force myself to make time, and I am always glad I do. What about you guys? Do you find it hard to fit socializing into busy work/school schedules? Do you have friends that you wish it was easier to stay in touch with? I think PhD work is necessarily isolating (you stay at home or in your office at school all day, working by yourself), which is why I find it especially important in my case to make time for friends. Some professors I have met in my time as a student have clearly been isolated from society for too long, lol! Some of you know what I'm talking about... 0_o
In any case, I had a great time.

But what's with this weather? Yuck! It's so hot here! I can't deal. I looked cute at the beginning of the night (at least I think so...), but I was a total sweaty Betty by the end of the night! It's probably my own fault for wearing jeans. What was I thinking? I just love jeans so much! It's hard to wait until more appropriate weather to wear them. What do you guys think of this outfit? Am I totally nuts for wearing jeans? Do you wear jeans in the summer?
































































Top - ASOS (from their straight size line)/Jeans - Swapped at Big, Fat Toronto, Shoes - Target/Clutch , Scarf, and Blue Bangle - Thrifted/Other Bangles - Forever 21/Necklace - Ardene

PS - I am growing my eyebrows in a bit thicker. Can you tell? What do you think? It's killing me not to tweeze them! Also - the 6 take scheduled for the end of the month is going to be epic. I've started taking shots for it, and they're turning out pretty awesome. I'm excited for it. I almost want to post the pictures now!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:34:00 PM , Anonymous Agnes H. said...

Ooo, who did you see? So jealous!

I love the scarf in your hair! So pretty.
I've also grown out my eyebrows. Because mine are quite light, I think it looks better. I think thicker eyebrows are coming back into style. You look great!

 
At Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:52:00 PM , Anonymous Nym said...

I really like the shirt. It's quite cute.
As for your eyebrows haha Honestly, I was never paying attention and I know exactly how it feels to have the intense desire to tweeze, although I'm not trying to avoid plucking I'm just lazy but I'm slowly realizing that I'm starting to look like a bushman haha Tomorrow is my goal to fix that little disaster (along with the 'tash)

 
At Monday, July 25, 2011 2:28:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

LOL. Thanks you guys!

@Agnes - I saw Jude and Justin. They're doing quite well. Jude's got a place in the city and it's really nice! My feet were hurting by the end of the night cause of all the walking we did, though! LOL. Serves me right for wearing heels in the city.

@Nym - Thanks! LOL - I've been there too! Last year during Mo'vember I joked that I was participating, lol!

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:24:00 PM , Blogger Rikke said...

Such a cute outfit, Karen! Blue is a great colour on you, I think I've said this before ;) And your eyebrows look fab, too!

x Rikke
http://stickysweetdanish.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, August 01, 2011 5:25:00 PM , Blogger Shoshanna said...

I am 100% in love with that clutch!

xx Shosh

 
At Monday, August 01, 2011 6:57:00 PM , Anonymous Nym said...

P.S.
What are your predictions for Fall 2011 fashion?

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:25:00 AM , Blogger Wait Until The Sunset said...

I'ts awesome reading your posts, and I'm spreading the love by nominating you for the 'One Lovely Blog' award. Check out my blog for details! YAYYYYY!! :)

waituntilthesunset.blogspot.com

 
At Friday, August 05, 2011 4:39:00 PM , Blogger Moya2bean said...

That clutch is 2 dieeee for...

chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

 
At Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:40:00 PM , Blogger Alma Zulema said...

I had been meaning to comment on this post for days, and now that I got a bit of time on the computer I have to say I LOVE THIS OUTFIT! I just love everything about it--from the cute blue top, to the shoes and accessories. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home