This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day - For a Day (of browsing) at the Mall

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day - For a Day (of browsing) at the Mall

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Outfit of the Day - For a Day (of browsing) at the Mall

Hey Everyone,

Have you entered to win the Torrid wellies yet? They're a size 10, and they're beautiful! Sorry if they not your size... I'm sure I'll have another giveaway shortly that won't exclude you non-10s!

The other day I had nothing (that I wanted) to do and so I decided to head down to the mall to do some browsing. Sometimes being a PhD student can be frustrating because you feel like you've been in school forever (because you have) and you have to live like a student for far longer than it is appropriate (or even comfortable) to do so. When I see my friends from high school, undergrad, and even my masters program getting married, starting families, buying cars or houses, and living lifestyles that looks so comfortable, I am reminded of what a sacrifice it actually is to do a PhD. It sort of feels like everything is on hold until I graduate. I've got (probably at most) 2 years left until I finish, and I guess that's not so long. But it's like the modern day equivalent of living like a hermit or ascetic.I absolutely love what I'm studying, and I know it will be worth it in the end.

Fashion blogging definitely isn't easing my materialistic desires either. I constantly see other bloggers buying things that I'd been drooling over for ages and I turn green with envy! I simply can't afford to constantly buy my favourite pieces from each of the plus size lines. Do I lust after Christian Louboutin heels and Miu Miu bags? Of course. Sadly, I'm just not in a position right now where I can rush to my nearest Holt Renfrew (Saks for you US folks, and Harrods for those from the UK) and rescue them from their shelf so they can claim their rightful space in my closet.

That's why you see a lot of my thrifting finds on here. I comb through racks and racks of rather dreadful stuff in hopes of uncovering a hidden gem. Most times, I find a couple of really beautiful pieces, but there are also many times where I'll walk out empty handed. I recognize that sometimes it's annoying to see a piece on here that's not available to you guys since I thrifted it, but I hope you'll bear with me! I am thinking of sharing my wishlist with you guys once a month. It will be a compilation of items that I would buy, given the chance, so you can see all my favourite new items in plus fashion. What do you think?

Anyway, sorry for that long spiel. So I kind of got tired of the thrift store and wanted to spend a day at the mall, even if I was only going in to browse. Peter took these pictures of me while we were at Square One in Mississauga. They're opening an Express and an ENORMOUS Zara soon. Seriously. It's the biggest retail space in a shopping mall I think I've ever seen (except department stores, obviously). And you know what else I just found out? Zara offers select items in up to an XXL. This makes me very happy, but also very sad because I'm not likely to be able to buy anything just yet... So bitter-sweet... Anyway, their grand opening is tomorrow, and I think I might just have to head back to the mall so I can check it out.


Dress and Earrings - Thrifted (big surprise, eh?)/Shoes - Target/Purse - Costa Blanca Accessories (aka CBX)/Necklace - Laura


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:09:00 AM , Blogger F.O.C. said...

I love this dress! You look absolutely stunning! -Flaws of Couture

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2011 1:13:00 AM , Blogger Dee said...

you always have such awesome thrifted goodies! where do you go? Have you been to the stores at ossington?

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:13:00 AM , Blogger Destination Suz said...

This dress is amazing! I love the print and it looks great on you!
suz
http://destinationsuz.blogspot.com/

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2011 1:37:00 PM , Anonymous Agnes H. said...

Beautiful dress!
I totally hear you about having to put your life and wardrobe on hold for the PhD :( Hopefully we'll be done soon!

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2011 4:02:00 PM , Blogger Nikol said...

I love that dress and I wish I would not have passed those sandals up at Target!

http://turquoiseandtangerine.blogspot.com/

 
At Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:42:00 AM , Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

That dress is absolutely fabulous! I love the colours!

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:58:00 PM , Blogger LOCA said...

Oh my gosh I love this dress! It looks great on you and you look so happy in these pictures.

Besos,
Denise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home