This page has moved to a new address.

Outfit of the Day: It's been awhile... And a Lane Bryant Denim Review!

Curvy Canadian: Outfit of the Day: It's been awhile... And a Lane Bryant Denim Review!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Outfit of the Day: It's been awhile... And a Lane Bryant Denim Review!

Hey Guys!

I know it's been awhile since my last outfit of the day post... sorry! I have been putting a lot of effort and work into developing my new online store, Your BIG Sister's Closet. I started out with items from my own closet, as well as amazing vintage finds, but I have branched out and have sourced brand new plus size clothing (and hats, jewellery, handbags, shoes, etc.) from a few overseas (and domestic) vendors, and my little online store has expanded to include a lot more items. I am currently waiting on a sample pack from another prospective vendor, and if it arrives and all looks good, then there will be even more on offer. I should have it by Wednesday or so, so make sure you check out the website for some new items on Thursday or Friday. I think what I ordered will be lovely, and I can't wait to see it! In the meantime, check out what I've already got up here, and make sure you tell all your friends about me! =D

What I wore:

I wore this for my Saturday morning coffee date with Peter, which has turned into quite the tradition! I used to take pictures of my outfits before school, but it's just too early and too cold outside to do that now, so most of my outfits are from the weekends! I also wore this to go have pho (Vietmanese soup) with Peter's family. Yum!

Jacket - Forever 21+/Camisole - ASOS Curve (no longer available - similar)/Jeans - Courtesy of Lane Bryant/Shoes and Purse - CBX (no longer available - similar items here and here)

Lane Bryant sent me these jeans to review, which are a part of their new Genius Fit collection, and I really like them! They are really great with heels, but a bit too long for flats if you're a shorty like me (5'4"). It's no problem, though. I just use these sticky-back snap things that you can buy at the dollar store to change the length of the jean - that way, you can wear your favourite pair with either heels or flats! This pair is more comfortable than the T3s sent to me back in August, and they have a lower rise, which I think I prefer. There was some gaping at the waist, but it wasn't too bad, and considering that I have a 13" difference between my hips and my waist, I doubt this will be a problem for most people! Overall, I really like these jeans and have worn them out a few times since I got them. The leg has a moderate flare which I think looks great, and the wash is really nice. 




































Make sure you check out Lane Bryant for these fab jeans, and don't forget to pop into Your BIG Sister's Closet to see what new things I've got up! And I promise it won't be as long for the next outfit post. I've actually already got it lined up!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, February 10, 2012 1:57:00 PM , Blogger Nichole said...

I love this outfit! It's so pretty, I really like the hue of that blue and the shoes.

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:59:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great in that outfit... I think the denim made your legs look twice as long!! And the blue cami is to die for. So cute!

www.talesfromthefatside.org

 
At Monday, February 13, 2012 2:45:00 PM , Anonymous Moe said...

I covet your fringe bag. :D

 
At Monday, February 13, 2012 2:52:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

@Moe LOL! Thanks! Yeah, that was one of those items I just didn`t hesitate at all with when I saw it (which is rare). I just picked it up, and was like "mine!" Haha. I got it during a 50% off sale too, so I think that helped! At the risk of being charged with shameless self promotion, there's one like it in my webstore... Here's the URL if you're interested: http://www.yourbigsisterscloset.com/Fringe_Bag/p1210286_5724567.aspx

 
At Monday, February 13, 2012 9:00:00 PM , Blogger Shayla said...

I just got a advert in the mail from Lane Bryant - big prez day sale upcoming. I might have to check out a pair of those jeans because they look great on you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home