This page has moved to a new address.

Addition Elle Spring Lingerie Preview

Curvy Canadian: Addition Elle Spring Lingerie Preview

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Addition Elle Spring Lingerie Preview

Hey Guys,

Last week I was invited to the Spring preview for Addition Elle's lingerie collection. I got to meet the stunning plus super model, Ashley Graham, who taught us all a thing or two about posing, hang out with my fellow Toronto plus size blogging buddies, and chat with Roslyn Griner, VP of Marketing for the brand.

They are really focusing on making the brand more fashion-forward, which Rosyln told us will definitely be evident in their Spring collection, and even more so in Summer. She says that by Fall 2012, their rebranding will be complete, and the store will offer items that have greater appeal for a younger, more trend-conscious consumer. This is very exciting news, and I can't wait to see what they have in their back pockets.

A big part of the brand transformation is their intimates section. Rosyln spoke with us about a few of their new designs (what we can expect for the Summer collection - totally cute), and their new "Smooth Curves" bra, which is designed to keep your back looking smooth under fitted garments, and eliminate the spill over that sometimes happens with traditional bra bands. This bra is seemless, and it looks like it would work wonders under tight fitting tops or dresses.

It was really great to be able to sit down with Roslyn and talk about their new lingerie collection and the directions the brand is headed in generally. I really got the impression that she was listening to each of us, thoughtfully considering our suggestions, and that she would bring these back to the buyers at their head office when she returned. I am very excited to see where Addition Elle is headed over the next few months.

Here are a few pictures of the event and some of the lovely new items from their intimates collection.

A few lovely Toronto Plus Size Fashion bloggers
  Melissa from Killer Kurves showing off one of the sets for the camera
Me with Ashley Graham, star of Addition Elle's intimates campaign, and plus size super model
We were each given a certificate to get a complimentary bra and pair of panties. This is the set I picked out.
I took this bra for the 18-hour day spin to make sure it was comfortable, and I can honestly say I was still totally comfortable by the end of the day!
Femme Fatale Panty in Black

All in all, it was a great event, and I had a great time chatting with the people at Addition Elle. I really love my new undies, and if you're looking for some, make sure you check out Addition Elle's intimates page or pop into one of their stores.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:49:00 PM , Anonymous Kathleen said...

This is pretty great news. I'm interested in seeing what Addition Elle pulls out for their new collections, because those bras sound fantastic.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 8:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your skirt and blouse. You are always so well put together adn pretty!!

www.talesfromthefatside.org

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not find AE bras at all comfortable. I don't know what is it but they just do not sit right on me. I've been measured there several times too. I think the problem is my breasts are naturally fairly close together (hello cleavage!) and the AE bras always have a giant gap between the two cups which doesn't sit against my chest but sticks out a few inches. I get all my bras and panties from Lane Bryant. I'd love to be able to get them closer if they finally got some younger looking stuff in at AE. I normally wear thongs (yes, I do find them comfortable) but haven't seen any at AE since maybe 2008? The underwear they sell now is so high-waisted and ugly. How about something that doesn't come up to my belly button? I don't care if it has lace and flowers on it, granny panties are granny panties!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 11:55:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey Anon,

Thongs was one of the things we discussed with the AE team, and they are bringing them back. :D

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 5:15:00 AM , Blogger MichaelaEng said...

That bra is amaze! You look great!

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:20:00 PM , Anonymous Tanja said...

Wow, I miss living in Canada! Addition Elle was my favorite shop and I spent so much money in their stores:) Thank you for this post, very inspiring! You look beautiful:)

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:43:00 PM , Anonymous Sam said...

The bras are beautiful.. I just went to their website to check out the collection and I'm really disappointed that they STILL have not added an extended lingerie line. I went to Addition Elle when I was getting married for a "wedding night" outfit... the best I could do was a knee length nightgown. Bummer!

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:17:00 AM , Anonymous fashion@salsit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, May 04, 2012 11:28:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Where in the world did you get that delightful red polka dot blouse??? LOVE it. You look so pretty!

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2012 2:36:00 AM , Anonymous online fashion design course said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home