This page has moved to a new address.

Full Figured Fashion Week Day 1 - Press Reception and White Cruise

Curvy Canadian: Full Figured Fashion Week Day 1 - Press Reception and White Cruise

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Full Figured Fashion Week Day 1 - Press Reception and White Cruise

Hey Guys! So after an exhausting but amazingly fun day slogging around Manhattan in the rain, the next day we all got prettied up to attend the press reception and all-white sunset cruise. At the press reception, there was wine, champagne, and lovely catering, and best of all, we got to meet and chat with the designers and PR reps from all of the different brands exhibiting in the runway shows. Also in attendance were all the fab bloggers from the Full Figured Fashion Front, as well as other familiar and awefaces from the blogosphere.


 

L to R - Gaelle from Les Pitreries De Vanoue, Ty from Gorgeous in Grey, Elann from Elann Zelie, and Jess from TOO Many Sequins


I got to meet one of my favourite bloggers of all time (I'll admit I was a little star-struck, lol), Nadia Aboulhosn
Top, Jeans, and Shoes - Forever 21+/Spiky Necklace and Hair Tie - New Look/Neon Triangle Necklace - EA Burns/Purse - c/o Penningtons

A look from Ashley Nell Tipton's new line. ADORE.

Ashley Nell Tipton (Right) and her team

Once we'd mixed and mingled at the press event, it was time to head out and get ready for the annual white cruise. Since I was staying in the Bronx with Peter's family, Jess from TOO Many Sequins invited me to get ready in between events in her room (so nice!). I don't know what I would have done without her! She looked absolutely stunning in her white outfit. 

I had a really hard time finding a white dress I liked, especially since I didn't want to show up in the same dress as anyone else, but after ordering three other dresses, I finally found this one at Addition Elle, and I was so happy with it! Many thanks to Addition Elle for the dress!!!








Dress - c/o Addition Elle/Shoes - Wal-Mart G21 line/Clutch - Your BIG Sister's Closet/Bracelet, Brooch, and Earrings - GreenFlea NYC/Spiky Hair Tie - New Look/Belt - ASOS Curve
Peter's Outfit - Shorts and Shirt - Old Navy/Shoes - Forever 21/Watch - Perry Ellis from The Bay/Sunglasses - Street Vendor
L to R - Meaghan from Little Lime Dress, Monique from Curves and Chaos, Kimberly from The Curvy Spot, Ty from Gorgeous in Grey, and me!

There were some delays with boarding, but we were finally able to get on and set sail...



Team Skorch all the way! Me with Jessica Kane, founder of Skorch Magazine

Peter looking his cool, bad-ass self. LOL. I think I styled him well.


L to R - Sarah from Queen Sized Flava, Rikke from Sticky Sweet Danish, Me, and Tanja from Miss Cherry Lipz

Too cool. Smooches for all of you.
There was even a proposal on-board! Olivia, from the blog Wait Until The Sunset, brought her bf Ben on board and he proposed right after we passed the Statue of Liberty! So romantic! <3 you guys!!! So after we docked, we all headed to try to find a taxi, but there were so many of us that it took a while. I think a bus from mid-town to the pier and back again for next year's white cruise would be a great idea. This way, no one's stuck trying to flag down a taxi. We actually had trouble getting one both ways. And someone stole ours on the way back! Look what Peter had to resort to just to get us there!


LOL. I think this should be his new profile pic on FB! Anyway, we finally made it back to the hotel, and everyone crashed for the night almost right away since the next day was also pretty jam-packed with awesome fashion events. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post about the blogger workshop and the Curves, Connections, and Cocktails networking event!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, June 21, 2012 12:04:00 AM , Blogger Aeryn Lynne said...

Am SO jealous, those pics look FAB. And I completely love your white dress for the cruise, it is definitely one of my fave from the pics I've seen around the blogoshpere, heh. :D
Looks like you both had a great time!!

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:51:00 AM , Blogger Rikke said...

OMG, I had such a great time! Love the photos of us :-D And Peter is awesome, you found yourself a keeper for sure! xoxo Rikke // www.stickysweetdanish.com

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:45:00 AM , Anonymous Ylenia said...

hello! I remember seeing you, not sure we talk.
what I remember is your fantastic bracelet :-)

I am going to publish a few posts of the FFFweek in the next days so keep an eye at my blog: http://longuette.blogspot.com and follow me if you like!

ciao!!
Ylenia

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:16:00 PM , Blogger Allie said...

you looked fab in that white.
I wish i was bold enough to pull it off! you go girl.
~allie www.fatbrokeandacocktail.com

 
At Friday, June 22, 2012 12:05:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love this blog!!!!

 
At Friday, June 22, 2012 7:32:00 AM , Anonymous full figure dresses said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home