This page has moved to a new address.

FFFWeek Day 2 - Press/Buyers' Reception and Curves for a Cure Celebrity Runway Show

Curvy Canadian: FFFWeek Day 2 - Press/Buyers' Reception and Curves for a Cure Celebrity Runway Show

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

FFFWeek Day 2 - Press/Buyers' Reception and Curves for a Cure Celebrity Runway Show

So the morning after the Denim and Diamonds event, I had a meeting at The Bromley Group with new plus size lingerie label Curvy Couture. I was excited to meet with them because I'd seen several photos of their collection and the stuff looked amazing - super sexy but also very wearable and comfy. I met with Dora Lau, the founder of the line, who worked for many years with a major plus size lingerie brand as a primary designer and supplier. Her knowledgeability and experience definitely showed as she brought me through the collection piece by piece, highlighting several clever design features she incorporated specifically for plus size women. I loved the brand and the products so much that I've decided to carry it in my store! We should have a good range in by Fall.




Me with Curvy Couture founder Dora Lau
After meeting with Curvy Couture, I walked around a bit and tried to figure out how I could get internet on my phone because I wanted to keep updating all of my social networks at each of the events. What a chore! Hahaha. I looked and looked, but I couldn't find anywhere that could unlock a Canadian phone so I could move to a pay-as-you-go plan for the week. It took a couple of trips out in the city and a lot of research, but I was eventually able to get a pay-as-you-go plan on a mobile hotspot from T-Mobile, so if you're looking for short-term internet access on your phone in the US, they're your guys!
 
After a bit of running around trying to get the internet issue sorted, I headed back to the hotel to get ready for the Press and Buyers' reception. This was a really great event because I got to meet all the designers who would be showcasing at the runway shows. It was very helpful to see some of the designers' clothing up close and in-person.

Beautiful Dress from French line OnOz

Gorgeous retro plus size polka dot bikini from Swimsuits For All

Dress by Kaylene

Amazing Lingerie by Curvy Couture

Stunning dress by Youtheary Khmer
What I Wore - Dress and Necklace - Your Big Sister's Closet/Clutch - ASOS/Shoes - Macy's





After the reception, we went back upstairs to get ready for the evening event, the Curves for a Cure Celebrity Runway show. It was a really great night filled with gorgeous pink dresses all available to be bid upon in the silent auction benefiting breast cancer.


Ironically, I changed out of my pink dress into this fabulous blue dress also from Your Big Sister's Closet. Here I am on the "pink carpet" with the Face of Full Figured Fashion Week, Toy Monique

Dress, Belt, Clutch, and Necklace - Your Big Sister's Closet/Shoes - Enzo Angiolini


My roommate Gaelle from The Curvy and Curly Closet

Model Lizzie Miller

Lucille O'Neal - Shaq's mom!

Founder of FFFWeek, Gwen DeVoe



Curvy Girls star Rosie Mercado


Blogger Extraordinaire and my other NYC roomie, Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista

Madeleine Figuoera Jones of Plus Model Mag




It was a lovely night, but we were all so tired, and we ended up just getting some chicken and rice from a street vendor and heading to bed. So that's day two! Stay tuned for day three!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home