This page has moved to a new address.

What I'm Wearing... (or OOTD)

Curvy Canadian: What I'm Wearing... (or OOTD)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

What I'm Wearing... (or OOTD)

Hey Everyone!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I haven't decided yet what I'm wearing today, but if it's anything good, I'll be sure to post it. I'm sure it will involve something green...   =D

I wore this outfit to my brother-in-law's 30th birthday party. Hope you enjoy!







Skirt, bolero, and leggings - Forever 21 +/Necklace - Tartx Designs (a present from the bf =D)/Shoes - American Eagle brand from Payless/Earrings - Plain studs I've had for ages/T-shirt - Dots/Hat - Ardene

The necklace features an image of Anne Boleyn, one of Henry VIII's ill-fated wives. I really like historically inspired stuff. If you've ever watched the show Ugly Betty, you might recognize the "B" necklace that she wears in this picture of Anne Boleyn. It was a very famous piece of historical jewellery and you can purchase replicas all over the place now. You can even get it made with your own initial.

I really like the skirt because floral patterns are very trendy this season. When I was over in England and Ireland last summer, it was everywhere. It seems like we're a bit behind here... When I look at the UK sites now, it seems to be all about the Aztec prints (which I must say I'm not a huge fan of), so maybe that's next summer's thing for North America. That's my style forecast for today! What do you all think?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:07:00 PM , Blogger Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

Awe so cute! I love that skirt, and that necklace is rockin’ awesome! LOVE!

 
At Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:01:00 PM , Blogger Tye said...

you look FAB..lovin this look on you!!

 
At Friday, March 18, 2011 1:39:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks guys! (Merci!)

 
At Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That necklace is gorgeous! I seriously went right to Etsy and bought one for myself! The skirt-tights-shoes combo looked great too but I wasn't 100% feeling the hat. I love hats but find I never wear them in real life...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home