This page has moved to a new address.

SexyPlus Clothing and Big Beautiful Wellness' Annual Party

Curvy Canadian: SexyPlus Clothing and Big Beautiful Wellness' Annual Party

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SexyPlus Clothing and Big Beautiful Wellness' Annual Party

Hey Everyone,

Stefanie, the owner of the store SexyPlus Clothing in Toronto, invited me to model on the runway in Big Beautiful Wellness' Annual Party, which they sponsor. I am very excited about this opportunity, but I am also SO totally nervous to be walking in a fashion show... Everyone will be looking at me... Agh! I think it will be fun, just as long as I don't die from stage fright!

So I was invited down to SexyPlus Clothing to the model fitting so that they could see me in a bunch of different outfits and pick which ones I will walk in.

This is my own outfit that I wore to the fitting. Outside of SexyPlus Clothing. Top, Bracelets, Earrings, and Jeans - Forever 21+/Shoes - Target/Purse - Costa Blanca Accessories/Necklace - Penningtons

































Some artwork and pictures behind the cash desk

































Me at the front of the store

































Browsing!


































































These are a few of the outfits that didn't get picked. You'll just have to come to the fashion show to see what did make the cut!!!

It was a very unusual experience to let someone else style me. It was hard to give over that much control! But I think they did a great job and I am very pleased with what they ended up picking out for me to wear. It seems like a really great store with very comfortable fitting rooms, excellent customer service, and a pretty wide selection of stuff to meet a variety of different customers' needs. They also have quite a nice selection of lingerie. 

I will be wearing four different outfits in the show, and all of them are fabulous. If you are located within striking distance of Toronto, you should definitely come and check out the show and the party. I would love to see you all there and have you cheer me on! I'll need it! SO nervous. 

This year's event will take place at the Holiday Inn Yorkdale, and you can access the Facebook event page here. Big Beautiful Wellness is a wonderful organization that promotes body positivity and spiritual, psychological, and physical health, and all members of the Toronto plus size community should try to make it out to support them. I hope I see a lot of you there! You can check out SexyPlus Clothing's website here, and their Facebook page here.

And here is a poster with more information about the event!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:43:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

How exciting! Congrats! Can't wait to read about how it turns out for you :D

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:06:00 PM , Blogger Phat Pinay said...

You look very different here. You look cute.. Congratulations!

 
At Friday, September 16, 2011 10:41:00 AM , Blogger Alana said...

What a great event! I'm sure you'll do great :) Those close look fabulous on you, and I'm excited to learn about this store in Toronto!

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:18:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Size 34: When looking for plus size blouses and shirts, Your Clothing is the place to start. Our range of ladies blouses and shirts, whether 3/4 sleeve, full sleeve or short sleeve is fantastic, with women’s plus sizes 14 and upwards, all at our online shop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home