This page has moved to a new address.

Full Figured Fashion Week Day 3 - Just My Size Breakfast, Sonsi Be-YOU-tiful Blogger Party and the Indie Designers' Showcase

Curvy Canadian: Full Figured Fashion Week Day 3 - Just My Size Breakfast, Sonsi Be-YOU-tiful Blogger Party and the Indie Designers' Showcase

Friday, June 22, 2012

Full Figured Fashion Week Day 3 - Just My Size Breakfast, Sonsi Be-YOU-tiful Blogger Party and the Indie Designers' Showcase

Hey Guys!

So after a fun night out on the town at the networking event, we all headed back to our beds for a few hours before the next day of events! The morning of day three brought the Just My Size Breakfast, where we met with the execs from Just My Size and reconnected with a few members of the plus size community.


Top - H&M+ (only available in select US stores, sorry ladies..)/Belt - ASOS Curve/Jeans - New Look Inspire Line/Necklace - New Look/Shoes - Wal-mart G21 Line/Sunglasses - Vintage clothing sale in York, UK/Bracelet - GreenFlea NYC/Purse - Courtesy of Penningtons

Model Rosie Mercado and Sarah from Queen Sized Flava
Gaelle from Les Pitreries De Vanoue chatting with a rep from Just My Size
Dani from Danimezza being her fine, photographing self!
Chatting over our bagels!

Gaelle with Marie Denee



Next up was the Sonsi Be-YOU-tiful blogger party, where we were treated to make-up touch ups, manicures, prize giveaways, lovely hors d'oeuvres, and great company. We got to meet some of the fantastic people behind Sonsi, SWAK designs, Catherine's, and Pretty Pear Bride.




Beck from Manfattan and Kellie from Fatshion Insider
Some new designs from SWAK







Once I had been all dolled up by the fantastic make-up artist, I had to dash out of there to try to find the perfect outfit for the Indie Designers' Showcase! I usually work well under pressure, but NYC was totally stressing me out! My first two stops were Macy's and Bloomingdale's. Both stores seemed pretty "fished out." A likely result of all the other fine ladies of FFFWeek and their shopping prowess!!! So off to Monif C I went! As soon as I got there, I was thinking, why didn't I come here in the first place??? It was awesome to check out her showroom and chat with other lovely ladies (also FFFWeek attendees) who were shopping. It was a very supportive, happy shopping environment, and I'm glad I remembered that Monif has a showroom in NYC, otherwise I would likely still be fruitlessly searching for a dress! I explained my situation and the manager helped me find the perfect dress. I actually left the showroom wearing the dress because I was in such a rush!

I am totally happy with how my outfit turned out. What do you guys think? I decided to wear this dress as a strapless, but there are over 40 different ways you can tie it to give it a different look. I think next time I'll try cap sleeves!

Doesn't Peter look dapper? We got his suit custom made from Studio Suits. The jacket was a little big when it came, and we had to get it taken in, so go for the slim fit option if you're ordering (we went with regular)
Dress - Monif C/Clutch - H&M/Bracelet - GreenFlea NYC/Shoes - Rainbow/Necklace and Earrings- New Look

Me with a fantastic new and up-and-coming designer who you should definitely check out, Ashley Nell Tipton
Another of my favourite designers - Marina Zelner, founder of Queen Grace Collection
Me, Jess from Too MANY Sequins, Rikke from Sticky Sweet Danish, Ashley from Ashley Nell Tipton Designs, and Tanja from Miss Cherry Lipz
Sarah from Queen Sized Flava and I 

Me and designer Anslee Connell, designer of the line Savannah Red

Me with new bestie Nadia Aboulhosn... we look so co-ordinated!
Our table at Ancora, where we had dinner together after the runway show - L to R - Rebecca from The Plus Side of Me, Nicole from A Well Rounded Venture, Jess from Too MANY Sequins, Olivia from Wait Until the Sunset, her fiancee Ben, Jen (designer of the newly launched Cult of California line), and me! Peter's taking the picture...
 And of course this post wouldn't be complete without me showing you a few of my favourites from the runway. I wasn't able to get any good shots myself because I only have a dinky little point and click digital camera (which will likely be remedied very soon), so much love goes out to fellow Full Figured Fashion Front member Danimezza, who gets the credit for these fantastic shots.

Lavender's Jungle




Ashley Nell Tipton






Youtheary Khmer






17 Sundays





Make sure you stay tuned tomorrow for my review of the Boutiques'/Retailers' Runway Show and Awards Ceremony! (Teaser - I was dressed for it by a designer who has also dressed Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Selena Gomez, Paris Hilton, and many others!!! Eeep!)




Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, June 22, 2012 6:10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for loving my pictures, you looked great all week x

 
At Friday, June 22, 2012 11:04:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks Dani!!! Ditto! ;)

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that H&M top! Wouldn't you know it's only in the US. Gorgeous clothes on everyone! Another great post - I feel like I was there!

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 9:27:00 AM , Blogger mitch1066 said...

wonderful post,lots of inspiration.How id love to be in a room where everyone is like me :)Im so jealous!

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:34:00 PM , Anonymous Kathleen said...

I really wish I could have been there!

Thanks for all the recaps, it's super fun to see all the well dressed ladies from around the plus fashion blogs. :)

The colours of the Monif C dress look great on you!

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 10:55:00 PM , Blogger Wait Until The Sunset said...

OMG that day 3 was epic!!! Man we had fun tho! xxx

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:05:00 PM , Anonymous Moe said...

I want that peachy polka dot dress! LOL

Glad you had a great time.

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:05:00 PM , Anonymous Crystal said...

Love the electric blue on you!! You look beautiful and as always, you are an inspiration!

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:01:00 PM , Anonymous Deneen said...

Thanks Dani!!! Ditto! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home