This page has moved to a new address.

I am Banksy... I wish! A Self-Guided Tour of Toronto Street Art in Canadian Plus Size Clothing

Curvy Canadian: I am Banksy... I wish! A Self-Guided Tour of Toronto Street Art in Canadian Plus Size Clothing

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am Banksy... I wish! A Self-Guided Tour of Toronto Street Art in Canadian Plus Size Clothing

Hey Everyone!

Before I went to meet Alison from Round Raglan Road to do a Closet Visit, I decided to do a bit of a stroll in the fashion district and check out some of the stores down there. I got to go to Original, Peach Berserk, and Fashion Crimes. These are amazing stores with cutting edge fashions that are unapologetically trendy, fierce, and sometimes quirky, which I love! They mostly offer dresses for more formal occasions, and they each carry plus sizes (Peach Berserk even does custom orders for the same price as off the rack). I didn't get to go up to the dress room at Original because there was a slew of girls waiting to try on prom dresses lining up downstairs, and I had to meet up with Alison and didn't want to be late. I think I may head back down there sometime this week and chat with their buyer and maybe do a whole post about them... Really cool stuff. Definitely check out all of these stores if you are in the area. I also want to go check out some of the vintage stores in TO soon.

Anyways, as the bf and I were walking, we kept finding this amazing street art, and I thought that these would be great places to stop to take some pictures of what I had on. I hope you guys like it! The colours are amazing. These street artists are so talented and SO under-appreciated. I hope these paintings stick around for a long time to come!














Jacket - Forever 21+/Leggings - Voluptuous Clothing/Socks - Zellers (Secret Brand)/Shoes - Dorothy Perkins/Skirt - Giant Tiger/Top - ASOS Curve/Scarf and Purse - Costa Blanca Accessories (CBX)/Sunglasses - ASOS/Ring and Necklace - Ardene

I'm really loving all of this fabulous artwork. What do you guys think of this? The pics, the outfit, the street art, whatever? I <3 your comments! I also just found a really great website that I'm adding to the sidebar. It's called fatshionxchange. You can go on there to trade/sell/buy clothes with/to/from other fatshionistas! Amazing idea! I'm thinking of putting a few things up there myself. Even though I just cleaned out my closet, it is still jammed to the rafters!


Salut tout le monde!


Avant je suis allé rencontrer Alison de la série Raglan Road à faire un placard visite, j'ai décidé de faire un peu d'une promenade dans le quartier de la mode et de vérifier certains des magasins là-bas. Je dois y aller à Original, Peach Berserk, et Fashion Crimes. Ces magasins sont étonnantes avec la coupe modes de pointe qui sont à la mode sans vergogne, farouche, et parfois excentrique, que j'aime! Ils offrent surtout des robes pour des occasions plus formelles, et ils portent chacun tailles plus (Peach Berserk ne même des commandes spéciales pour le même prix que large de la baie). Je n'ai pas eu à aller jusqu'à la salle de robe à l'origine parce qu'il y avait un tas de filles qui attendent d'essayer des robes de bal queue en bas, et j'ai dû rencontrer Alison et ne voulait pas être en retard. Je pense que je peux retourner là-bas courant de la semaine et de discuter avec leur acheteur et peut-être faire un post tout à leur sujet ... Vraiment cool stuff. Certainement vérifier tous ces magasins, si vous êtes dans la région. Je tiens aussi à aller voir certains des magasins vintage à A bientôt.
Quoi qu'il en soit, comme le petit ami et moi marchions, nous avons continué à trouver cet art de la rue étonnante, et j'ai pensé que celles-ci seraient d'excellents endroits pour s'arrêter pour prendre quelques photos de ce que j'avais sur. J'espère que vous aimez ça! Les couleurs sont étonnantes. Ces artistes de rue sont tellement talentueux et sous-estimée. J'espère que ces peintures rester pour une longue période à venir!

Je suis vraiment aimer tout le monde de cette oeuvre magnifique. Qu'est-ce que vous en pensez de cela? Les photos, le costume, l'art de la rue, quel que soit? I <3 de vos commentaires! Je viens de trouver un site vraiment génial que je suis d'ajouter à la barre latérale. C'est fatshionxchange appelé. Vous pouvez aller là-bas au commerce/vendre/acheter des vêtements avec/de fatshionistas autres! Amazing idée! Je pense à mettre un certain nombre de choses là-bas moi-même. Même si je viens de nettoyer mon placard, il est toujours coincé à craquer!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:38:00 PM , Blogger Jessica Dee said...

That street art is Amazing!!
www.toomanysequins.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:26:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

I know! I love seeing it. I really love the dragon. We found that one in Chinatown, actually. I love being downtown, especially in that area! So much to explore...

What about everyone else? What do you think? Don't be shy! :D

 
At Friday, April 15, 2011 6:00:00 AM , Blogger oomph. said...

i love grafitti and these murals. these people truly are talented! i love finding them and using them for backdrops! cute outfit...i always love a bit of rock n roll...and it certainly feels so with the leather!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:36:00 PM , Anonymous Pretty Plus Size said...

I love your coat. It's really matches the street aura.!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home