This page has moved to a new address.

BIG Deal Toronto!!!

Curvy Canadian: BIG Deal Toronto!!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

BIG Deal Toronto!!!

Hey Guys!

I'm still totally reeling from planning BIG Deal Toronto! I know I haven't been writing very many posts lately, but I was so busy with figuring out all the details for the event. Now that it's done, I have a lot of blog writing to catch up on!

The event went really well (if I do say so myself!) and I have SO many people to thank for it. I am still so amazed by how many amazing and beautiful women came out. If you couldn't make it this time, I'm sure I'll be planning another awesome event soon. ;-)


Some lovely shoppers

Our fantastic raffle table, designed by Gillian MacDonald, full of amazing prizes from very generous sponsors!

Our grand prize, from Addition Elle, a $250 gift card, won by Stephanie Agosta! Congrats Stephanie!

Palm Beach Jewellery Prizes, won by Veronica Hurtado, Catherine Ward, and Tiina Veer!

A prize pack from Blo, won by Jennifer French! Congrats!

Yoga/Zumba Zone Plus Eight Week Sessions won by Heather Sanderson and Stephanie Agosta (lucky girl!) and five individual passes won by Sam Mooney, "smellycat," Alison Little, Marney, and Heather Sanderson
Vegan Handbag from Urban Expressions won by Aeryn Lynne 
Statement Jewellery from Lavishy won by Shari Misner


Gift Card to Fashion to Figure won by Shari Misner
Crocs won by Veronica Hurtado


Crema Gift Card won by Sam Mooney

Lane Bryant Genius Fit Jeans won by Alison Little

Yoga for Round Bodies Series won by Alison Little, single class passes won by Karen Burns, Shari Misner, Heather Sanderson, and "gakubi"
$50 Gift Card to Gussied Up Plus won by Aeryn Lynne
eShakti Gift Card won by Gillian MacDonald
Penningtons Gift Cards won by Catherine Ward, Monique Siqouin, "gakubi", Karen Burns, and Nora Langan. Congrats Ladies!!!

Check out the racks of beautiful clothes the bloggers brought in!





Brownies, purses, and friends - what more could a girl ask for?

Sarah from Queen Sized Flava (all the way from Montreal!) eyeing the accessory table

Happy shopper =D

Our Boudoir Inspired Change Screen

Bags!

Wrap Station

Lovely Bloggers Courtney from The Glitter Thread and Karyn from Killer Kurves

Sarah from Queen Sized Flava

Peter and his little sis Sharon hard at work at the cash and wrap station =D

My Mammy buying up everyone's beautiful stuff. She found some great pieces!

Our first winner of the day, Veronica Hurtado, picking up her PalmBeach Jewellery bracelet and earrings


Sarah drawing our next winner...

And there she is! She won a beautiful vegan handbag from Urban Expressions

Alison from Round Raglan Road - she was a big winner and took home a yoga package from Yoga for Round Bodies, a single class from Yoga Zone Plus and a pair of Genius Fit Jeans from Lane Bryant!

Aeryn from Geek With Style won the $50 gift card from Gussied Up Plus. Congrats!

My sister Gill keeping track of who won what... thanks Gill!

Reagan from Sodapop Sweetheart drawing for our final prize of the day, for the grand prize of a $250 gift card from Addition Elle... Congrats to our winner, Stephanie Agosta!
All in all, it was an absolutely fantastic day that I won't soon forget! I have so many people to thank, including all the bloggers who participated, especially the fantastic Dayna Barron, who created the amazing graphic designs for our event! The designs were so perfect for the feel of the event, and made it look so polished and professional. Thank you so much!!! I also have to thank my sister Gill for all the beautiful decor, including the stunning raffle table, and for driving me all around the city to pick things up in the days leading up to the event. Everything looked so pretty! I want to thank my sister-in-law Sharon for all her help. So many thanks to my partner (in crime and love, hehehe) Peter. You are always there for me in every way imaginable. I don't know where I'd be without you. :')

Our amazing prize table would not have been possible without the generous sponsorship of a number of brands. Many thanks to Addition Elle, PenningtonseShaktiGussied Up Plus, Blo Blow Dry Bar, Lavishy Jewelry, Crocs, Fashion to Figure, Yoga for Round Bodies, Lane Bryant, Crema Coffee, Urban Expressions, YogaZonePlus, ZumbaZonePlus, and PalmBeach Jewelry.

I hope you can all make it out to my next event! This one was so much fun, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Many congrats to all those of you who won prizes! I will be emailing you shortly to arrange getting them to you. 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like it was an amazing day!

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm soo jealous! I've been following you from Victoria BC, and I'm just so envious of all the choices you have for plus size fashion! I'm a size 16-20 and I'm a credit-card-less gal, cash only. Well okay, I have paypal :)
But because of this I can basically only shop at Penningtons and Additionelle, and I dont know whats up with our shops, but the selection is horrible! I would cry if I walked into a place like Gussied up and could buy whatever I wanted!-- Krys

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:41:00 AM , Anonymous celebrity fashion said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2012 11:31:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me thinks you should come to Edmonton, AB....shopping spree.!
:)
Elizabeth

 
At Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:55:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home