This page has moved to a new address.

Plus Size Jeans That Fit (Our Lives) - The Versatility of Denim!

Curvy Canadian: Plus Size Jeans That Fit (Our Lives) - The Versatility of Denim!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Plus Size Jeans That Fit (Our Lives) - The Versatility of Denim!

If you're a long-time Curvy Canadian reader, you already know how much I love denim and how often I wear it. For today's #jeansdujour post, I am going to show you how I live my life in denim!

Denim is a really great choice for a number of reasons, including its durability and its ability to be styled up or down depending on what you are wearing it to. A great pair of jeans is a hugely important style staple in any woman's wardrobe. Jeans can be worn virtually everywhere - from casual Friday at the office, to dancing the night away with your girlfriends, and everywhere in between. It's so important to make sure you have at least a few pairs of really great plus size jeans in your wardrobe. Check out a few of my denim looks from the past and you'll see what I mean:

Casual Looks




Second Denim Yoga Skinny Jeans - the most comfortable jeans you've ever worn - now sold at Addition Elle



Fun Looks

It's always fun to add a little something extra with coloured jeans... Evidently the girl next to me had the same idea!


Fashion-Forward Looks

Me at a Full Figured Fashion Week event with fellow blogger Nadia Aboulhosn, who is also rocking some skinny jeans

At the Addition Elle Blogger Styling Challenge last year with my model Zara Hemmings. I styled her in Apple Bottom Jeans, and they looked AMAZING


Casual Friday Approved



Perfect for a Night Out




We live our lives in denim, so it's important to have jeans that fit our bodies, our personalities, and our wardrobes really well, jeans that we feel comfortable and confident in! Make sure you check out my Pinterest board featuring #jeansdujour for my denim and styling recommendations, and check out T Plus Art's blog post about her Python Print Skinny Jeans from Addition Elle. She looks fantastic in them!


Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:30:00 PM , Blogger annpaige said...

Love the blue shorts and your outfit with the skinniest and motorcycle jacket. Really love your style!!!
Would love for you to check out my blog!!!

xoxo
annpaige
http://annpaigefashion.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:54:00 PM , Blogger Amanda K said...

Thank you for including me in your post!

As a fellow denim lover I am loving the posts dedicated to jeans!

-Amanda
www.tplusart.com

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:36:00 AM , Anonymous Susan Plus Size said...

The Casual Friday look is perfect, I would love to wear that to work!

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:38:00 AM , Anonymous Plus Size Dorita said...

I totally agree about how versatile and fun denim is. You look great in the turquoise colored jeans!

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:10:00 PM , Anonymous Big Girls Rock said...

Blue is your color! And it's mine too. Love you in those blue shorts! Thanks for all the variety of styling.

 
At Friday, August 10, 2012 3:02:00 PM , Blogger geetabix said...

So versatile!!

In your first "fun look" photo you are also wearing a great black and white top. Do you remember where you got it?

 
At Monday, August 13, 2012 7:13:00 AM , Blogger ML said...

u'r the best <3

 
At Monday, August 13, 2012 11:50:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey Geetabix, It is from F21, but it was a while ago... not sure if they'd still have it.

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:00:00 AM , Blogger Ana said...

As I said on Facebook - yay, I can finally access your site :D !

I really like it that you don't do the usual fashiony-I'm-slightly -mysterious poses, but that you smile at us.
It gives a special something to a photo, makes me enjoy it a bit more.

(I hate to be the one telling you about glitches again, but the homepage has the duplicate of the last 2 articles: it goes 15th Aug, 14th Aug, then 15th Aug, 14th Aug again.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home