This page has moved to a new address.

OOTD - This Little Piggy Goes to the Market!

Curvy Canadian: OOTD - This Little Piggy Goes to the Market!

Friday, April 22, 2011

OOTD - This Little Piggy Goes to the Market!

Hey Everyone,

I thought I'd put up another outfit for all you lovely ladies to enjoy! It was a bit rainy this day, so we started taking the photos outside, and then it got rainier, and we had to go back in to finish. A few raindrops got my top wet, and those are the marks you see on my shirt on the inside photos :(.

I wore this outfit to the farmer's market in Kitchener, and the bf and I had a great time wandering the stalls. Love it there :D I was in Kitchener/Waterloo because I was scheduled to proctor an exam, and we decided to make a day of it. When I was on campus I tweeted that if I saw one more undergrad wandering around in pjs, I'd have to go all Stacy and Clinton on their ass! Pajamas are not clothes... How long does it take to pull on a pair of jeans, really? I have a pj radius limit of my mailbox, and that's only when I think there might be something good (read: a package with clothes) in there! Anyways, we went to the farmer's market, and then I saw this great dress in the window of Biba Boutique. It was a stunning dress, just longer than knee length with a fitted bodice and and a really pouffy skirt. I love pouffy. It was silk and had a gorgeous floral print on it. I just had to go in and see about pricing and sizes. It was $1895. Apparently I have expensive taste. But it was truly gorgeous! One day...

When we were at the market, we ran into some friends and they told us about this awesome event going on at Kitchener City Hall called the Bloomin' Earth Eco-Fair. It was really fantastic. I think it was supposed to be outside, but it was pouring rain, so they moved it into the atrium. Everything at the Eco-Fair was vintage, recycled, upcycled, or environmentally friendly. Since it's Earth Day today, I just want to stress the importance of considering your eco-footprint, especially in your fashion choices. The fair's website has a list of vendors (most of whom have websites where you can shop). I would definitely recommend you check it out! All of the items are lovingly handmade with the utmost consideration for the effect that their production will have on our earth. Great people and great booths. Fantastic. I got myself a button made with upcycled vintage fabric (with a little piggy on it - to show off my big fat pride) and a pair of earrings with strawberries on them made from upcycled vintage buttons. I am sure you'll see them very soon in an upcoming post!

After that, it was over to the university to proctor the exam and then home. Hope you like the outfit! I got a few appreciative looks and some compliments from my honey guy at the market and the nice ladies at the bakery stall. So nice. Compliments always make my day! Happy Earth day lovelies! Celebrate by treating yourself to something eco-friendly!




The clothes photograph totally different in different light conditions...! Anyways: Top - ASOS Curve/Skirt, Belt, and Leggings - Forever 21+/Shoes - Costa Blanca/Necklace - Ardene

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, April 22, 2011 8:16:00 PM , Anonymous Agnes H. said...

love the belt! xoxo

 
At Friday, April 22, 2011 8:24:00 PM , Blogger Jessica Dee said...

Looks amaze! But I can't belive how much brighter the blue was outside to in!

www.toomanysequins.blogspot.com

 
At Friday, April 22, 2011 10:25:00 PM , Blogger JazmineKariss said...

Love the F21 skirt! I knew I saw that somewhere!
too cute:)
-Jaz
http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2011 4:49:00 AM , Anonymous Ainsley Boe said...

This whole outfit is so spot on! You look amazing, Karen!

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:55:00 AM , Blogger Aurè said...

Yes, Happy Earth day . . . W Mother Nature!
Amazing Look and the Belt is Super Nice!
Greetings from Italy
Aurè

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this outfit! The blue looks great on you. Love the belt!

 
At Monday, April 25, 2011 11:30:00 AM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Thanks for all the love, everyone! You're all awesome! Glad you liked the outfit. I am just about to put up another post...

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:21:00 AM , Anonymous Adele said...

This outfit looks so good on you! Love it!

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:12:00 PM , Blogger mrsjarette said...

Love that skirt ...

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:55:00 PM , Anonymous Plus Size Ma2 said...

Very Fresh looking dress.! It looks perfect for rainy season. The combination of the skirt and dark blue long sleeve with black leggings gives smaller looks. Very pretty you are.! Keep it up.!

 
At Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:51:00 PM , Anonymous Stevenson said...

I really like this outfit! The blue looks great on you. Love the belt!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home