This page has moved to a new address.

#jeansdujour - Transitioning from Summer to Autumn with Plus Size Fashion Jeans

Curvy Canadian: #jeansdujour - Transitioning from Summer to Autumn with Plus Size Fashion Jeans

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

#jeansdujour - Transitioning from Summer to Autumn with Plus Size Fashion Jeans

Hey Guys!

It's the time of year when kids are headed back to school, the frequency of weekend barbeques slows down, and the weather starts to get a bit cooler. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out what to wear when transitioning your wardrobe from Summer to Fall. For this week's #jeansdujour post, I will be showing you how jeans can function as the perfect piece to build an outfit around for those in-between days. You all know what I mean...! Those days where it's chilly in the morning and evening, but warm during the daytime. It can be hard to figure out what to wear on days like that since you don't want to be too cold or too warm, but the key is (drum roll, please)... layers!

Layers are the perfect solution for fickle weather. If it gets too hot, you can just take a layer off, and if it's cool, you're always prepared with a cardigan or blazer. Jeans go with virtually everything, so they are a definite Fall go-to. Usually the way I work the layering look is with a pair of my favourite plus size jeans from Addition Elle, a tank or tee (can be fancy or casual) a cardigan, blazer, or bolero, and depending on how chilly it might get, maybe a light jacket like a trench. If you are a fan of scarves, they also make wonderful Fall wardrobe accompaniments, and can help keep you warm if it does get chilly. Make sure you love each piece and how they are working together in order to create great outfits that you'll feel wonderful in.

I always get a little sad at this time of the year because Summer's winding down, but the one thing I do love about the Fall is all the beautiful fashion! If you're like me, and the end of Summer gets you down, know that there are all sorts of pretty things to be done with your wardrobe that the heat of Summer simply does not allow! Have fun playing with all sorts of colours and wardrobe combinations, and don't forget the layers! A little retail pick-me-up is all you need! ;-)

This is the outfit that I came up with to show you... I picked up the jeans for curvy women from Addition Elle this past weekend. I was so pleased with all the new plus size designer denim they're carrying. I found several pairs that fit perfectly. I ended up choosing the bootleg denim pants by 69 Jeans. They fit so perfectly (and make the butt look great!). I recommend sizing down one size with this style. The fabric of this jean is very stretchy, so to get the right fit, you want them to be snug. I love the dark wash of these jeans, as well as the side button closure and wide waistband that accentuates your natural waist. The rise is just right which I rarely see on plus size jeans (I always find it either too high or too low - I must be the Goldilocks of jeans or something!) and the pockets on the back are the perfect size with just enough embellishment to be fashionable while not overstated, like some embroidery patterns I've encountered. I love these jeans, and I think that they would work out to be long enough for some of the taller women out there too (I'm only 5'4", but I am wearing 6" heels in these shots...yes, seriously...6"... I have a love-hate relationship with Jeffrey Campbell). So they'd likely work on someone 5'10" or 5'11" wearing flats with no problem.

Jeans - c/o Addition Elle/Jacket - Your BIG Sister's Closet/Tank Top - J.C Penney/Purse - Penningtons/Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell via Nasty Gal/Earrings - New Look/Necklace - Laura







So ladies, what do you think of my new jeans? And what are your secrets for dressing during seasonal transitions?


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:54:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the look! But I don't think I could pull off 6 inch heels. I'm only 5'3 1/2 with a 29 in seam. I have huge issues finding plus size jeans for petite women. I have a wedding to go to the second week of September and I have no idea what to wear. Help! please?

 
At Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get your handbag?

 
At Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:48:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Hey Unknown! I hear ya about the 6" heels. They're not for everyone! Even I'll only wear them if I'm really aiming to impress. Being 5'4", I often have bring my pants, skirts, and dresses in to have them hemmed. My sisters too... I'm the tallest in my family besides my dad, and he's only like 1.5" taller than me. Usually that's how I get around things. When I bring my jeans in to get hemmed, I ask for a "eurohem" which preserves the original hem from the jean (which I think looks better) instead of having them lop off the bottom and putting a pant leg hem on there. This way, you can't tell the jeans have been hemmed. It just looks more polished, ya know? As for the wedding, what kind of dress are you looking for? Check out these posts and the links on the right sidebar for recommendations!

Anonymous - It's from Penningtons

 
At Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:49:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

Sorry Unknown, these posts: http://curvycanadian.blogspot.ca/search?q=wedding

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:35:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

fabulous look. I think its easy to look sexy for petite women now. plus size fashion clothing is good to look beautiful in any season.

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2012 2:27:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this look!!! New to your site and I love it!!! New follower here...

www.curvysoutherner.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home