This page has moved to a new address.

Thank You For the Music!

Curvy Canadian: Thank You For the Music!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thank You For the Music!

Hey Everyone,

This isn't really a fashion or an OOTD post, but I was really, really inspired when I came across the blog By Anika and she wrote this post about music and how it can help us to feel great about ourselves. Music is a very important part of my life and definitely helps me channel emotions. Anika was saying that when she wants to feel great and have a bit of a spring in her step when she is rocking an awesome outfit, the song that plays in her head is "Show me What You're Working With" by Mystical. She says, "The lyrics may not be politically correct, but who cares, it gives me ooommmppphh and the power to let go of what I can not change (my backside) as well as the power to change what I can (my estimation of my backside)." She is a great inspiration! Do you have a song that does this for you? I have SOOO many - and they are all on my iPhone in a playlist called "Swagger" so I remember to have that when I'm listening to them. They sort of remind me to feel good about myself. Peacock clothing and accessories also do this for me - as they typically represent pride because of their showy colours. Do you have anything like that, which reminds you to keep your head held high? I am going to share my feel-good mix with you all - these are songs I play in my head or on my iPhone when I need a boost or really show that world out there what I'm working with. What are your favourites? These are not in any particular order.

Beautiful You Are - Deborah Cox
The Dress Looks Nice on You - Sufjan Stevens
Follow the Light - Travis
Here Comes the Sun and Let it Be- The Beatles
Hometown Glory - Adele (really anything by Adele - she is such an inspirational curvy woman!)
Hot Child in the City - Nick Gilder (this is a good one for that strut thing I was talking about)
I Gotta Feelin' - Black Eyed Peas (I like this for getting ready to go out)
Live Your Life - Rihanna ft. T.I
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
Queen - We Will Rock You
Sea of No Cares, Ordinary Day, and When I'm Up - Great Big Sea
Single Ladies and Bootylicious - Beyonce
So What and Raise Your Glass - P!nk
True Colours - Cyndi Lauper
Vogue - Madonna
You're So Damn Hot - Ok Go

Please comment with your favourites!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:57:00 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I too really enjoyed Anika's post!!
I'm adding these songs to a playlist this weekend!! (Friday can't come soon enough!!)

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:58:00 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I wrote this post in December, kind of similar idea...
http://tallplusbeautiful.blogspot.com/2010/12/infuse-your-life-with-music.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home