This page has moved to a new address.

I'm the Toast of Paris - in my own Backyard!

Curvy Canadian: I'm the Toast of Paris - in my own Backyard!

Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm the Toast of Paris - in my own Backyard!

Hey Guys,

I wore this outfit to my mom's house on Mother's Day. My sister and I made my mom some dinner, which she really liked.

I've never been to Paris, but I've always loved the Eiffel Tower and I really want to travel there one day soon. There's just something so romantic about it. I've been thinking of doing a Paris theme outfit for a while now, ever since I got my Eiffel Tower earrings, but when I found this Paris scarf at the Salvation Army, it sealed the deal and I just had to put something together.

I will be doing some more theme posts soon - think elephants and New York City! Not together, lol. In two seperate posts. That would be a weird combo!

After doing a bit of research, I learned that the scarf I got for 50 cents is actually from Paris, and it's silk and vintage from the 50s! What a find. I love thrifting. So exciting what you can get if you know what to look for and aren't opposed to a little rifling.











Hat - Le Beau Chapeau/Earrings - ASOS/Cardigan and Camisole - Forever 21+/Cameo Necklace and Scarf - Port Elgin Salvation Army/Belt - Ardene/Skirt - Suzy Shier/Shoes - Torrid/Purse - Gifted/Sunglasses- Bought at a Vintage clothing sale in the UK

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, May 09, 2011 11:09:00 PM , Blogger JazmineKariss said...

Cute, it reminds me of that show Madeline :)
I love all things romantically related to paris! So gorgeous:)
-Jaz
http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

u're simply perfect in that outfit!
why don't u come?
europe is right here waiting for you!
a curvy kiss!
Serena

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:47:00 AM , Blogger Jessica Dee said...

Tres Chic'!

Love it, and the sunglasses give it a Yoko vibe, love it. :)

Jessica x x
www.toomanysequins.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:02:00 PM , Blogger CurvyCdn said...

@jaz - I LOVE Madeline! So cute. I want her yellow hat with the ribbon on it! LOL.

@youlikemylipstick - I would love to! I plan on making it there eventually, but I'm still a student so time and money are limited at the moment. But I will see Paris one day.

@jess - That's what Peter said. He was like "you know you're the Yoko Ono of your family, right?" I laughed. It's weird that these sunglasses look so Yoko with the beret, but without it, I didn't even think of Yoko at all. Funny...

Thanks for all the love everyone! Comments are my favourite thing ever. :D

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:56:00 PM , Blogger Rikke said...

I love this outfit! You look super cute. The popping blue is stunning on you and I love the attention to detail :)

http://stickysweetdanish.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:17:00 AM , Anonymous Pretty Plus Size said...

You are very artistic, I like you combine your clothes. Your clothing taste is same as mine, I love getting idea from. Keep it up.. You're blue cardigan has a perfect match for you stripe top and black skirt. Love the earrings too.!

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:57:00 PM , Blogger Chic in Every City said...

LOVE the electric blue sweater!! So gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home